1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saliba

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gills4prem, Dec 10, 2020.

1. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

Do you think he still wants to play for arsenal...

Or worryingly he has not been able to settle in england/arsenal and wants out??

2. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

Extremely bizarre situation.

I can only assume originally Arteta tried to keep him out of the spotlight and not throw him in too early. (There is big hype around him let’s face it)

but now I’m not sure what’s going on; playing for the u21s must be embarrassing and must be doing major harm to his morale considering he was playing top flight French league football the last 2 seasons.

I don’t know who is at fault: Arteta for his man management, the club for failing to get him a loan, or if Saliba has had a tough time with the passing of his mother combined with the move to a new country etc.

Surely he must be good enough? I would not be surprised if we see something leaked that says he wants out of Arsenal soon.

gooner4ever likes this.
  3. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

That's what I'm worried about in his first season while being loaned out he was getting good reports. Comes to us and all of a sudden not good enough for any squads...

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Ridculous situation.

I can only assume Arteta has an issue with him - honestly he is already better than Mustafi/Holding/Chambers and at 19 has a WAY higher ceiling. I noticed him commenting on Guendouzi's recent instagram posted where he said he was "also in jail".
    Soo what if he's a bit raw - he will get sent off, make mistakes but he will also win us matches.

Guendouzi scored a screamer for Herther on the weekend. Already getting rave reviews in Germany. He's another one I think Arteta is mis-handling.

Honestly Saliba is 'World Class' potential wise. If he goes elsewhere because Arteta wont give him gametime -it will be a bigger **** up than Serge Gnabry.

5. Jayramfootball

Jayramfootball Active Member

Officially signed until 2027
    His announcement video is superb.
    It includes in his own words the loans and how he knows this was the right plan for him.
    Got to give much credit to Arteta in the way he's brought him through. I heard loads about how he should have been thrown in sooner and players like Fofana held up as examples. Well, he's just turned 22 now, with the world at his feet, and a million miles ahead of Fofana.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/william-saliba-signs-new-contract

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    BrunelGunner and TheBear like this.
  6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Best young CB in World Football?

Great news - was worried Paris or Real would come in and snatch him up.

7. Jayramfootball

Jayramfootball Active Member

They probably would have if he was with us last season.
    The management of Saliba has been well planned. He has more to learn but he is a world class elite level talent in the making. It was vital that when he came back he was not only ready but would be in a team that qualified for the CL when his contract was up for renewal.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I see some parallels with ESR in the way that they've both been managed and not rushed into the team before time. For different reasons, but it shows that Arteta has got an handle on how to look after and bring out the best in these players, only playing them when they are ready.

I know ESR has had a run in the team already, and I expect to see him feature more this season.

Saliba is a proper Rolls Royce of a defender and he can become one of the best in the world. We are very lucky to have him

TheBear, BrunelGunner and straycat_67 like this.