1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Salcido Loan Deal

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Aug 17, 2011.

1. WhatDoesWoyWant?

From FFc.com

The Club can confirm that defender Carlos Salcido has joined Mexican Primera División team Tigres de la UANL on a season long loan.

:undecided: How strange that Jol has gone for a Loan Option, well at least he won't be playing at the Cottage for at least 12 months any way <ok>

2. Craven112

Craven112 Member

im a happy with that, atleast we dont see him at the cottage and hopefully wont be paying his wages,

3. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

4. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

To me, the wages are the thing. I'd hate to be paying two guys (both probably pulling down big money) for the same position.

5. Cottagecravens

pay his wages who cares, better them him giving goals away - cheaper. Seeya Carlos. Massive flop.

6. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

I wonder if a Mexican Primera División club can afford to pay Barclays Premier League wages? Could be we're still paying him or he's taken a pay cut. Anyone know how long his contract at Fulham is? If it's longer than 2 years and it doesn't go well at his new club we might not have seen the last of him!

7. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

He signed a 3 year deal in 2011

8. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

I'd be willing to bet Salcido will boomerang back in 2012 given that then.

9. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

But if his reason for moving is that he wants to be with his family again, he may well be willing to take a pay cut in order to make that happen. Either way, good luck to him.

10. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

Glad he's leaving, but no hard feelings from me. He was OK for me in the second half of last season. I don't think the pace of the English game suited him well.

11. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

During last season Salcido's home got burgled and after his family left to return to Mexico, I guess that would effect most of us if the same situation happened to us in a foreign country.

I know Salcido didn't have a great season. I don't think we saw the best of him. I liked the way he could tackle and cross a ball with both feet. He didn't adapt quick enough to the pace of the Premier.
    But he wasn't the worst fullback I've seen at Fulham.

12. Craven112

Craven112 Member

in response to SBM, Who is the worst fullback you have seen in a fulham shirt in the past 15 years.
    (im 26 so cant remember much further back then that tho i have seen the players of old i cant say i seen them at the cottage lol)

13. Captain Morgan

I'm going to go back slightly further than your 15 year limit, Craven. In the early to mid 90s, when Don Mackay was manager (I think) we had a young lad by the name of Jon Finch. I thought that he looked like a decent centre back, then he was played at right back, had an absolute shocker and I don't think he ever played for the first team again.

14. Super Brian McBride

Off the top of my head
    We'd sold Duncan Jupp (Wimbeldon?) and next season got Steve McAnespie (St.Johnstone?) who had a growing reputation as one of the best fullbacks going, but He hardly played any games and those he did he was woeful.
    You probably remember Fredric Stoor another one with a reputation that didn't make it.
    Before your time was Mark Newson early 1990's not one of my favourite players.

When Chris Baird played under Sanchez at RB he was awful.

15. Captain Morgan

Steve McAnespie - great shout, Super Bri. I remember his debut against Brentford - one of four debutants, along with Chris Coleman and Maik Taylor. Before the game as the players warmed up, I remember noticing a cocky swagger to McAnespie and thinking that by the end of the night he would either be a massive crowd favourite, or have turned everyone against him. He was never a massive crowd favourite!

16. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Was Fredric Stoor that bad?

17. Craven112

Craven112 Member

I remember Steve McAnespie, I starting supporting fulham around the time Branfoot was in charge what was that 1993-1994ish if i remember rightly,

WDWW yeh stoor was that bad, anyone remember Jon Harley haha

18. Super Brian McBride

He looked good for Sweden in the Euro 2008 then came to us and hardly got a game

19. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

See, all these players are said to have had a couple of bad performances then couldn't get a game. Salcido would have a shocker then be in the starting 11 the very next week.

20. Super Brian McBride

The only good thing Jon Harley is remembered for is his wonder goal against Villa? and that was about it.