1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Saints vs the Champions

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Jan 21, 2017.

1. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

At least he won't be sold in the January window.

So none of your players have ever been a little late for a challenge?! I suppose they're all angels? He didn't get booked for it so the ref obviously didn't think it was that late.

Get over it, it happens!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I'd have to see it again. I agree he would never intend to injure the player but I do think it was caused by frustration. Having fed from scraps all season, I think he was just frustrated and desperate to try and get his foot in. It happens, I'm sure Cahill didn't mean to injure Mason but it happens. Like I said, I like Southampton and Van Diik so it's a shame he's out for a while

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Just been having a look at the reaction of Southampton fans (following a couple on here) and their reaction is very disappointing and has made me lose respect for the fans (not the club though).
    A lot of them are now wishing relegation on us. Pathetic IMO and I hope it is just passion clouding their judgement or they are a bunch of petulant children. I'd like to think if one of our players got a bad injury, I wouldn't take it out on the team it was against. It's difficult to say with Mendy as he hadn't played long enough to be a key player but we didn't get all anti Copenhagn about Schmeichel!

4. BuzzardFoxMick

BuzzardFoxMick Well-Known Member

As good as a player he is ,I've seen him make worse tackles than the one he received from Vards and meaning to at that....... football is a contact sport !
    I've had my left peg busted four times...... the worst being a broken femur with a weeks stay in Poole general hospital missing out on our end of season p1ss up /tour without a shred of resentment to the opposition !

JohnTheFox likes this.
  5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I've watched the tackle a couple of times and it seems fairly innocuous in all honesty ... ref took no action ... obviously it's a sad blow for Saints in terms of the cup second leg but I wouldn't say there was anything malicious in the challenge ... cross comes in and Vardy tries to get a foot on it but can't get to it ....

6. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

Come Liverpool tonight then