1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints vs. Foxes

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 15, 2012.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Is it true that Saints "fans" vandalised Nugent's car when he played for Portsmouth? - just read that in the paper.

From reading the tweets he retweeted I can kinda believe it - every club has nutters that take things too far.

I feel dirty for typing "tweets he retweeted".

2. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Some of the **** Nugent has retweeted really shows what wrong with football fans now adays. Yes give him a bit of stick at the stadium but wishing him to kill himself is ott. At the end of the day he scored a goal against you and wound you up a little. He doesnt deserve to be sent messages like that

3. steveherbe

steveherbe Member

Lets be honest, my 9 iron is a bigger club than Brizzle:emoticon-0102-bigsm

4. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

I actually think it'll be one or the other of us. I think Brum, Boro and Cardiff are looking good - the last place is up for grabs.

5. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

poor showing from us, the team and the crowd, embarassing. Nugent looked good for you, and took the stick well at the ground. The tweets by 'fans' were ridiculous. Leicester looked a good team, much better than the 1st game we played and thoroughly deserved the win. Positives from the game is a good performance from hooiveld (although he is now injured) he seemed to be the only one to play with any heart. Most importantly Rickie is now available and hopefully will inspire us to regain some form

6. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

It's tough when your best players are out. Although last season, I may well have said Bamba and King we're our best two, and they were both out! I guess it's all about form, and this team (maybe with the exception of Danns) seem to be hitting it at the same time.

7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I actually thought Danns was excellent last night (apart from his ability to fall over when stood near a saints player), but his work rate was excellent and he kept the ball flowing well for you guys. Stick with him, I wouldn't mind him in our side.

8. Proud Fox

What Southampton lacked was someone who was going to put their foot on the ball and run at the defence. Peltier and Konchesky wasnt tested at all. Konchesky had 1 moment where he got booked but nothing else. I think Lallana is a massive player for you

9. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Ye that was a while ago. He had all his wheels taken off and all his windows smashed. It wasn't just his car though

10. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We've been missing that sort of player all season. Just haven't replaced Chamberlain in that respect. De Ridder has shown glimpses (indeed, I'm sure it was him who Koncheskey fouled for that yellow card), but nothing more.

That said though, the way we play our football, we don't really need that sort of player in our side - well, not when everyone is fit and available any way. As you say, Lallana is a big player was missed - along with others.

11. Proud Fox

Every club has some idiots, at the end of the day people need to remember all he is a footballer who you dislike. It doesnt mean he deserve some of the abuse hes getting on twitter. Banter in the stadium is fine but whats the need to carry it on on twitter

12. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree with this.

Danns or King?

No brainer for me.

13. Proud Fox

I think part of the reason we have looked so good in the last 2 games is because King wasnt playing. He started to drag Wellens down with him

14. fatletiss

Lallana sticking a fullback on his arse is what we missed. He IS a massive player for us.

15. Proud Fox

Pantsil wasnt playing. Pelts isnt as easy

16. fatletiss

agreed, and Lallana hasn't been at his best for a few weeks now. Both at their best though, I'd put my money on Lallana.

17. Proud Fox

Do you think you will be able to keep hold of Lallana if you dont go up. I think there will be interest

18. MMJ

MMJ Well-Known Member

I'd like to think so, he seems committed to the club after signing a long-term contract and wasn't tempted by a premier league move while we were in league 1. I'd think he's give us atleast another year if we didn't go up this season. But here's hoping this point is redundant and we get promoted this time round.

19. Proud Fox

Back in league 1 though there was question of weather he could step up. Now he has proved he is more then good enough for this level maybe more will be interested. I dont think anyone will go in for Lambert because i think he is one of them players who has found a club where it works for him but it wouldnt anywhere else

20. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

These questions have been coming up since we went down from the Championship. Lallana is a superb player but doesn't have the pace that Alex Oxo-Chamberlain had for example, it's not a secret that Lallana can struggle for fitness and needs careful nurturing to get the best out of him. Without that there's no question that he could play in the Premiership, but at the moment no one is going to take a punt on him for the money that he will inevitably cost. Throw in his long contract as one of our best paid players and that he is well loved down here, I don't think a move to Premiership mid-table will tempt anyone.