1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Saints v WBA Saturday 21st October 17:30 ko - goals galore thread.

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Libby, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Yep. And that's exactly how it should be in a team that wants to progress. Give the coaches some selection headaches.

fatletiss likes this.
  2. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

Was at my grandads 80th yesterday evening so only knew the final score at about 9. Got home. Have seen the goal.

What a ****ing goal it was too!

SaintinNZ and Archers Road like this.
  3. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Well said RAWMOK. I harbour reservations about FF but my heart goes out to him. he flapped a bit at the high ball he did come for but I think the weather conditions for a goalie we're nightmarish and noted that other goalies struggled as well. But the bottom line is whatever he is OUR goalkeeper and for that reason alone deserves our support, after all that is our role in the equation that is SFC. I liken it to a family, if one of your kids under performs you still unreservedly support them, possibly give them extra support to encourage them. Whatever our private thoughts we should support him and I also would love it if we had a song dedicated to him. Remember a couple of seasons ago it was Yoshida some fans had it in for and I think he's won them over....I think FF will as well!

4. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Sorry bit old for this caper, didn't mean to reply to so many posts...just RAWMOK

Number 1 Jasper likes this.
  5. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Dear all .

I would like to apologise to anyone offended etc by my " Have we lost yet " Comment .

I am not as big a fan of football as I once was , and I sometimes forget just how much the game means to people .

It was honestly meant in jest , but I promise I will never do it gain .

UTS

Jasper :)

Beddy, garysfc, HarryTipper and 5 others like this.
  6. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

8. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

That was nice.

The thing that set this game apart was that even disregarding Sofian's moment of magic we could have scored several times. That was impressive given that Pulis had turned up to play 5-4-0-1. We (like anyone) have trouble breaking that down but we were doing it. no they weren't going in but we were getting through.

Onionman Jr converted me days after Sofiane's signing that he was the real deal and since then I've been with him. I'm somewhat disappointed that MP seems to see Boufal as a tough shoice in the interview with Solent: someone need to talk him out of that. His last few performances this season have shown that he's extremely capable tracking back and he always looks dangerous. He needs MP to put his arm round his shoulder and say "Look Sofiane, you get the next half dozen starts. I won't be dropping you after one bad match so don't worry about being perfect all the time, but at the end of that run of gamess we'll make a decision". Unfortunately, given MP's comments, I don't see it happening.

tl;dr version: We played well. I'm no different from anyone else on here, I loved that goal. That isn't why we should be starting Sofiane, though. It's because he's the real deal.

Vin

9. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

I don't think it was anything to worry about to be honest, certainly didn't need a full apology.<ok>

fatletiss, Libby and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  10. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Thank you .

11. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

12. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

Nicely put Milton.

I'm not daft, I can see like others that he is struggling a bit this season to perform consistently like he once used to.

We haven't really got a ready replacement and I can't really think of a credible signing that would make a significant improvement.

I fully respect others views who want a replacement but I can't respect anyone booing or jeering him on the pitch.

13. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I thought the Referee, who was Graham Scott by the way, had a reasonable game, but I had the feeling that any 50/50 decisions all went Albions way, and I have seen replays and am pretty sure that any other player than Dusan would have got the penalty decision given. There was a definite pull back by Foster, it can't be disputed. It was far more clear cut than the Man City call.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  14. Paddy Podped

Paddy Podped Well-Known Member

Just watched the BT highlights back - such a shame Darren Fletcher (commentator) calls him Lemina for almost all of the run !

15. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

I dunno, I'd happily be abused every day for 100k a year, never mind a week! <whistle>

Take your point though.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  17. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'll be extremely disappointed if he doesn't start next week.

18. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

I hate that argument. What someone is paid is irrelevant.

19. Dell Boy

Dell Boy Well-Known Member

Can't agree with your thoughts on the penalty decision, never a penalty for me, but Dusan's over reaction certainly didn't help?
    Really wish he wouldn't go down so easily.

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

Yeah I know it was a tongue in cheek response to "who would want to be a footballer" comment <ok>