1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints v Stoke match thread [including League Cup tie]

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lamby, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Tweets for the peeps?

2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I keep running back the League Cup Show so I can see our goals again.

I think I'm in love with Graziano..! <laugh>

Rickie who..? :)

Hats off to Shane Long too. Good lad.

3. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Call it "All views are my own and not of Saintsfc" club tweets.

4. TheSecondStain

If you were doing it we could call it Beef Dripping. :)

5. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

We should have had loads of penalties tonight. I feel cheated:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oke-said-d-taken-spotlight-zonal-marking.html

although have to point out the mail's usual preference of doing articles on games they haven't actually watched:

Shawcross backs into Pelle, who had earlier scored, from a cross into the penalty area

Scored earlier from a cross you say? Cross into the penalty area you say? Sorry I missed that one.

6. YoshidaBattlesPinkRobots

YoshidaBattlesPinkRobots Active Member

Sammy Lee's Social Club

7. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

Just seen the goals again, fantastic to see that Morgan is the first to get to Pelle and Long, i think he may be enjoying this !

8. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

9. TheSecondStain

He was certainly shouting something to Long, because Shane shouted Yeah, back at him. It was probably something really positive to keep the attitude going. I really like to see the players encouraging each other. That's the way to keep the adrenalin surging through the team.

10. ImpSaint

Plus the whole incident came about because the Southampton player fouled him on the other side of the pitch 3 seconds earlier!

Sooo we must have been playing on Pochypoos small pitch if Crouch gets from one side to the other in 3 seconds.

Same poster
    **** refereeing. Just a ****, **** referee. If Fabianski had to pay Sunderland's supporters for turning up at Southampton, Lee Mason should pay every Stoke supporter back and pay every Stoke player's wages this week.*

Fabianski???

11. YoshidaBattlesPinkRobots

YoshidaBattlesPinkRobots Active Member

12. - Doing The Lambert Walk

[video=youtube;DLbyePahuHY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLbyePahuHY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

13. Sotonist

Sotonist Active Member

the first goal was better than i thought

14. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Just got back from the game and still buzzing hence I am reading through the thread.
    Wow what a game...anyone who says that Stoke have changed their "Style" must be joking, what a dreadful team. So much was going on off the ball it reminded me of old school pub football.
    How any Stoke fans can complain about the ref is besides me as he let so much go it was ridiculous. Charlie Adams deliberate kick at the back of Snidders ankle after the ball had been passed was reminiscent of Chopper Harris and should have seen him red carded.
    Crouchie was a dick, he nearly took Matt T head off with a flying elbow and then cropped Davis moments latter. They cam out in the second half and just tried to kick us up in the air as they simply couldn't compete in the first half trying to play football
    Pleased to get through this with no serious injuries despite Stokes best efforts
    PS The Britannia was like a library until they scored...poor support when their team needed to be uplifted
    Horrible Thugish Team, Crap ground, Crap tasting hot drinks, crap fans and glad to see the back of them
    Night night

15. TheSecondStain

Seems like you really enjoyed yourself Dark Lord. :)

We saw Crouchie do his elbow on young Targett and chop at Davis's leg and he clearly deserved what he got. Of course, you were able to see all the off-ball stuff we weren't privy to. Good game. Great result.

16. TheSecondStain

WHAT..? The first goal was superb..! The other two were merely great. :)

17. - Doing The Lambert Walk

Now tell us what you REALLY think, Dark Lord. :)

18. ImpSaint

I was watching the stream and when Adam hacked at Schneiderlin's back leg I was amazed that it wasn't a straight red. Looking at the replays of the Crouch incidents I think the first yellow is harsh as it's just a nudge in reality however the second is worthy of a straight red anyway so that levels that.

Most of Stoke's fans (reading through their forum) are moaning about the ref being biased in saying that we got no bookings for similar fouls. The reality is yes we did similar fouls in similar areas but most certainly not in a similar way or context. There's were thuggish hacks and cynical stops. Ours were badly timed challenges. In essence ours were accidents while theirs were deliberate.

I would concede though that Schneiderlin was lucky not to get a yellow for his 2 footed tackle in the first half even though his feet were together, on the ground and he did get the ball. Was way worse than the Swansea lads last night (which should not have been a red)

19. dman

dman Member

Just back too after a lot of driving today - but it was worth it ! Great result and mostly a very good performance by Saints who really do know how to win these days. Stoke supporters were crap both in attendance, lack of support til they scored and nasty attitude. Some gits started barracking me and my son when we were walking back to the car saying Saints were cheats ! Their team are the dirty sods, and Adam was lucky to stay on the pitch as he was moaning and getting really stroppy from the minute he came on. Had to laugh at them having Swansea's team up on the big screen for quite a while, until somebody noticed that they were actually playing Southampton and changed it !! Wembley beckons, but the Blades to deal with first !

20. ImpSaint

Did anyone notice when the ref stopped play and Adam was having a right moan, Wanyama standing behind the ball laughing at him. Probably Adam giving it the big 'un and Wanyama saying 'jog on'.