1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Saints v Manchester City, 5:30pm Saturday 15th April

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Onionman, Apr 9, 2017.

1. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I understand players wanting to stay on (as you said, they should want to if not injured)...it's players showing dissent in public. Suggests disrespect....that's what I don't like to see.

2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

<laugh> Do you lie in bed at night actively searching for things to worry about? There's no need, really. Something genuinely worrying will turn up of it's own accord eventually, so why worry until it does?

fatletiss and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  3. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Say the same to the other half every day - she is always worrying about something. "What if this happens, What if that happens".

My answer is "What if we get struck by a meteorite and civilisation is wiped out" or "What if there is a coronal mass ejection and all communications and power goes out"

I just think worry about stuff when it happens. If you have something to deal with in 2 weeks, put it in a box (metaphorically) and worry about it then. :)

Archers Road likes this.
  4. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Good plan to worry about it afterwards when a meteor wipes out civilisation :)

5. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

My Mum could beat that (before the dementia hit) by worrying about things in the past that didn't happen!! Yeah, I couldn't understand it either and it's probably turned me into someone that doesn't worry enough about anything... :cool:

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I've marvelled at Fran's ability to worry about things that may, or more than likely may not, happen that she can do nothing about, before. ;)

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I only think about Saints. I am calm on everything else. North Korea....who cares. I know that disasters are predicted at regular intervals and a few years later, we have moved onto worry about something else. It started with the Cuba crisis....scared my self as a child, then decided I would never fret that much again. What can you do anyway? The same with all these diseases that will wipe us all out....which one are we on now.

8. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

The disease of Worrying ;)