1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Memorabilia

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by MorgansBitOnTheSchneid, Mar 1, 2014.

1. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

MorgansBitOnTheSchneid Well-Known Member

Morning all, whilst round my parents house yesterday me and the old man were discussing his 1976 mirror. We were wondering how much it would be worth and came to the conclusion that it was priceless for the memories and it's worth could only be determined by how much someone actually wants one. Does anyone else own any Saints memorabilia? What kinds have things do you possess? Do you have a seat from The Dell? Programs from 76? Could you put a price on your memories?

2. saintlyhero

saintlyhero Well-Known Member

My folks have a 76 mirror. I do wonder if painted on mirrors will ever come back in fashion(if they ever were)

They also have a print of a painting of Berkovic's 2nd goal against united which greets you at the top of the stairs

3. Kingsland block 37

My dad has a 76 limited edition plate signed by the team, one of 250, most are probably broken now but I still doubt worth much other than to me and our family, he has a limited edition print of the dell also but again one of 500 and definitely not worth much in real terms. I've still got my seat from the dell and we've both got 76 programmes. The memories are worth far more than any memorabilia in my opinion.

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I have my seat from The Dell.

The mirrors are probably worthless financially, but if you want rid I'll buy it, solely so I can see the wife's face as she comes in from work to see it sitting Pride of Place above the Fireplace :smile:

My son, now 12, wears my 1983 ish Saints kit including Patrick track suit top... we found it in the loft and it washed up great.

5. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

I have a 76 scarf and programme. I have a Dell seat at my parents place. I also have a copy of a painting of the Saints vs Man U game when Le Tiss scored.

6. saintlyhero

I know it's only a typo, but sometimes they make me chuckle. I think that goal took a lot of breaths away

7. Ivan Golac's shoe laces

Ivan Golac's shoe laces Active Member

I have replica 76 Cup Final shirt signed by , Brian O Neill, Cliff Huxford, Nick Holmes , Lawrie Mac and Matt Le Tissier. I won it a competition for the release of the cult heroes book a few years back. Had it presented to me at the book signing at Waterstones by Matty , Franny and Mark Dennis. Shirt is framed and hanging in the hall much to my wife's disgust but she know's not to mention moving as it would be grounds for divorce.

8. It’s Only A Game

It’s Only A Game Well-Known Member

I have my '76 final ticket. Cost me £2.50.

9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

So if she asks for it to be moved, you know where you stand :)

10. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

So this is the hypothetical question- How much would you pay for said mirror? It's not for sale btw

11. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

I have a bench coat from the 90s that is kids size and is the naffest thing ever made (Pony), but I remember wearing it at school with so much pride, especially after we beat Man U (who everyone in Brighton supported at the time by the way, as Brighton played their home games in Gillingham anyway).

12. Lff

Lff Well-Known Member

I was going to start a thread asking how many Saints shirts do you own.

I'll have to count up. It would be interesting (for a wet Sunday) to find out what the average is. Can anybody do one of this poll things?

13. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

I can add one on here........i think?

14. fran-MLs little camera

Don't have Saints shirts, but have 4 or 5 tee shirts which my son got when he was a Junior Saint. Absolutely enormous for a child, so fit me for gardening.

15. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

I have a sash shirt signed by the entire squad from the 2010/11 promotion season, signed on the final day of the season against Walsall. Alex Chamberlain took it in to the dressing room and got them all to sign it for me. I got to go into the lounge to go and pick it up whilst all the players were milling about and celebrating together. It was at this point that I realised just how big Radhi Jaidi was.

However, I've still not got it framed yet, despite meaning to.

16. saintlyhero

I have about 5 still on the go which i wear for 5-a-side & other sports. My parents have kept hold of the ones I had as a kid with their sponsorship logos in various degrees of distress from over washing. I reckon there must be another 6 there. So 11 all told. Would say the 92 blue flame background away kit was the favourite away and the sash for the home shirt.
    Never got a name or number on the back of any of them. Though I might be tempted to do that with an England shirt this summer if a saints player gets selected.

17. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

Don't know how to add a poll :( I have 9 actual shirts dating back to Draper tools and 20 odd saints t-shirts in fact most t-shirts i wear to work or just for going out shopping and things are saints t-shirts.

18. MorgansBitOnTheSchneid

I have an England shirt signed by Geoff Hurst, the sad thing is it won't be worth much until he passes away :(

19. fran-MLs little camera

So if he's assassinated, we'll know you have hit hard times :)

20. fran-MLs little camera

I have a gnome in the sash shirt by my fireplace (love that sash shirt).