1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Safc beat off 10 premier league rivals to secure the leagues 8th all time highest scorer for Jozy

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by DAPARKERSAFC, Jan 13, 2015.

1. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

I know, makes you wonder who the **** is doing the scouting on these guys? I tell you what mate, we've bought some right ****ing lemons in the past haven't we?

2. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

Could it actually happen? I wont believe it till I see him holding a Sunderland shirt infront of the aol.

Personally think he'll go to QPR

3. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Spot on - although Jozy was £6m and Graham was £5m but I don't actually blame either player - Graham was MON's fault and Jozy was PDC/Di Fanti! Have to say, after last weekend, I'd start Graham over Wickham up top! (And you all know my thoughts on Wickham)

4. mackemwelder

I'm with you on this one Parker, I'll believe it only when it's confirmed by the club. I do think the Gus/Spurs connection plus our apparent willingness to meet his demands will be a big influence.

As a lot on here have already stated, as a bloke i'm not a big fan but as a goal scorer, the bloke certainly knows how to do that. He'd be a big statement signing IMO and who knows? others may follow. I can dream can't I?

5. Deleted #

Deleted # Well-Known Member

It will be a major signing if this comes off mate. Defoe will be our best striker since Bent, I'm creaming over the idea of him coming here!

6. Big Bad Wesley Brown

Big Bad Wesley Brown Well-Known Member

Look at it this way. 0-0 against Burnley with 10 minutes to go, the ball bounces in the box, would you rather it fell to Defoe or Altidore?

7. mackemwelder

Tough one that mate.

8. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

Eggs in one basket for me...one signing = Defoe.

We have now have PVA, Giac and Alvares back fit, and Catts, hopefully.

We have Larsson playing out of his skin. We have a defence that's gelling and a decent 'in form' keeper.

I really do think this is enough to pull us away from the bottom and keep us up.

In the Summer get Borini and more fresh blood.

clockstander likes this.
  9. Big Bad Wesley Brown

Big Bad Wesley Brown Well-Known Member

Isn't it just mate...

Can't believe some people (not on here, to clarify) are twisting on saying it's too much money, he's past it etc. The same people who lambast Short after every game for not putting his hand in his pocket. Some of them must be professional whingers.

10. mackemwelder

As I've already said mate, the numbers don't really bother me as I have no control over them and we'll never really find out just exactly what any player is on or cost etc.

Defoe is a proven striker in the EPL and at 32, he could potentially give us 3 good seasons so just get him signed and get him playing. The lad could turn into a legend if he does the business, we've been crying out for another super Kev or Bent for ages now.

11. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

I honestly would be surprised if a club like us in our situation could get anybody better, especially in a January transfer window! Still, if we do get him we just have to wait to see how he does! Could be a masterstroke, could be a huge expensive flop!!!! Probably worth the risk!

12. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Redknapp's borderline finished at QPR by all accounts, he's a dead man walking. They simply cannot continue throwing money around irresponsibly, they're going to get butt ****ed to high-heaven if they drop and it could very well ruin them into oblivion.

Their 'rich owner' isn't their owner, Mittal has no interest in bailing them out and their actual owner has way bigger problems on his plate with AirAsia.

13. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

They're in West London. I doubt they would struggle for others to take the reigns, based on geography alone.

14. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Now I said I don't want him but that was at the money quoted - £3m + Altidore is a bargain for him IMO. He is capable and knows the league. He's a twat but I won't care if he's playing for SAFC - maybe we haven't enough "TWATS"

15. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How can anyone know if he'll be a success or not?

But as risks go, it has to a good one to take, given his previous record in the PL.

16. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Would you buy a club operating in the red, making huge losses and facing massive sanctions, or would you wait for their liquidation and then buy them?

Only a stupid businessman would take that club on as it is now.

17. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

You are right Terry, look at the state he left Portsmouth in, they continued to pay the wages of ex players whilst they were playing for other clubs <ok>

18. Rick O'Shea

Rick O'Shea Well-Known Member

Well yeah when you put it like that. But say it was a small town club like Burnley being run like that, that would probably be the end of them as far as league football was concerned. Even large cities like Portsmouth have all but had their club gone forever. The queue of peopel waiting to 'rescue' a club in QPRs location you think would be much longer. But then I look at Fulham. Basically I haven't a clue. haah

19. mackemwelder

He probably is a twat Marcus but if he gets goals that'll all be forgotten about.

20. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

How coincidental - we were reportedly going to spend that much plus wages on Borini. Feels like some lazy journo tagged on to an not to secret discussion with a proven player in the EPL. Hate the little git but hope he's in Red and White stripes before the window closes - we desperately need some new blood to add some challenge and give the squad a boost.