1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ryan Lowe and Mike Marsh

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Dec 7, 2021.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Preston North End Football Club are delighted to announce the appointment of Ryan Lowe as first team manager.

Ryan will take over with immediate effect, joining from Plymouth Argyle, a club he guided to promotion from League Two to League One in the 2019/20 season, and they currently sit fourth in the third tier.

That was the second promotion on Ryan’s managerial CV, having previously led Bury FC into League One.

We would like to place on record our thanks to Plymouth Argyle for the professional way in which they have handled this matter.

please log in to view this image

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I wouldn't be so crass as to express things the same way that you have shown above. However, I would have to question his choice. It's a good job for you that you have Derby at the bottom by a mile, Barnsley who have fallen apart and Peterborough who yoyo a lot. You may not have appointed the brains of the Management duo with Lowe. I'm not shocked he's gone from here. There is no loyalty in football by anyone other than supporters. I'll bet you will get a win and he will be kissing the badge and fist pumping to the crowd at the end of the game. Please note though he does it everywhere he goes and he doesn't mean it. Best of luck anyway.

themaclad likes this.
  3. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

To be honest, I am not completely convinced this is a good acquisition by PNE. Mr Lowe has decent pedigree at lower levels. He is taking over a squad with some good raw talent: Riis, McCann, Whiteman, Ledson, Earle and on loan Iverson. Browne and DJ have international experience. The problem has been that players brought in to strengthen the squad have been injured from day one. The squad has played well against WBA, Fulham, Bournemouth but has lost its way against middle order teams. Up for it one day; loss of confidence the next or sheer bad luck. Against Fulham, NE were roasting them but a crippling tackle against Barkhuisen with only a yellow card, and formation change. Against Rovers, on a flooded pitch, 3 centre halves out injured, penalty hand ball not given. Recent bad luck at once! If Mr Rowe is worth his salt, he should bolster his own reputation.

4. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

No worries te only people who are loyal in football are the fans

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You sound just like all other supporters who's club is going through a bad patch. It's not us it's injuries, Refereees or the god of football. If you think Lowe is the man to turn that run of form around then all I would do is point you towards the ass end of last season when the results went wrong down here. It was never quite Lowe's fault and he even criticised the supporters to a point. But the most important thing for you to note is he never managed to turn it around and if we hadn't had a great start to the season we would have been back in league two. He does talk a good game though even if the proof isn't always obvious to those watching. It will be interesting to watch but at least you will have a few thousand more people watching the results for a while.

themaclad likes this.
  6. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

He wasn't my choice. I would have preferred either Davidson or another ex-NEnder. But Davidson just signed a 5 year . contract. A lot of managers are one year wonders but the ultimate success depends on the quality of the squad. It just so happens with NE that the quality players, (McCann, Browne, Johnson, Barkhuisen) have been out. They are now returning and we will see what Lowe can inspire them towards