1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ryan Harley

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Doey, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Doey

Doey Member

I'm sure most of you have read the recent article with a few comments from Ryan Harley.

I haven't seen much of him but a lot of Exeter fans sing his praises and he scores his fair share of goals. I just wanted to see what you guys knew about him, and also what you think about this comment that seem a bit cocky:

"If I go there and play my own game, I am easily as good as any of them, so I don't see why I wouldn't be able to go straight into the team."

2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

we shall see ;)

3. Rhod Boy Jack

Rhod Boy Jack New Member

Ryan Hartley, who are you?
    I hope you are not an Opera singer "Me,me,me,me,me!"
    :)

4. Rhod Boy Jack

Rhod Boy Jack New Member

Harley sorry (Doh!)

5. MabonJack

MabonJack New Member

Now i admire his confidence and if he backs his words up with action that will be good for us, credit to the lad for backing himself and a little time spent with buck will give him every chance to make the grade only time will tell

6. JackLifeLynch

JackLifeLynch Member

25 goals in 122 games for Exeter ,?? thats what the information on the net says...... 4 goals in his last 14 games there. not bad for a midfielder but then again Exeter are in league 1 so will he?? you could argue he hasnt scored loads because of his team?? but then if your prem quality then surely a few more? scotty did more in the championship in 40 ish games! having already a little experience in the prem. My personal views are maybe a back up but with the strength we have already he might struggle especially if pratley signs up and Bodde stays well! then he'll have Dobbie, Allen, Donnelly, Britton, Orlandi, Gower, Asustien to work against and that seems pretty strong to me.

I think he's definatly got big balls telling his team he's just as good as them though......... surely a "great work lads, looking forward to getting stuck in with you all and hopefully being part of the prem allstars!"

I did also see scott donnelly in training twice and he certainly had the passing technique we so keenly search for in players so he's a bright prospect for this year!

Come on exeter give us some info haha!

Might i mention his highest league was only ever league one! he also played for bristol then too! it also says on Wikipedia that its more than likely that he will be loaned out the whole of this season to Notts forest or Ipswich

7. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

It actually makes sense to loan him out to either of them, if he makes the step up we will have an established championship player should we come back down, also if we stay up he could be a premier league prospect for us, it's a win win situation.

8. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

I love confidence. Worst case scenario is he´s backed himself a bit too far, we can loan him out and ultimately recoup some money for him. Best case scenario is he´s class, he´s right and we´ve got a playmaker...

9. Shaper

Shaper Active Member

I saw those comments and part of me thought, "oh my, bit cocky", but I also thought, "I wonder if th evening post has written those comments a touch out of context".

If he meant it the way it's been reported, then as someone has already said, the worst case scenario is that he's slightly overdone it and will be a reasonable signing.