1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours, Wishful thinkings and Uninspiring signings.

Discussion in 'Leyton Orient' started by Turk, May 9, 2013.

1. Turk

Turk New Member

Who do you think Slade will attract in the summer? Defensively we’re pretty much there but would like to see an out and out left back arrive. Chickson looks to be leaving MK Dons and Slade is a big fan.

Adam Reed could be leaving Sunderland and I wouldn’t be disappointed to see him sign. Decent ball playing midfielder but does lack bite in the tackle. Think we missed a coop with Darel Russell who would have been ideal. But his contract with Toronto is only a short term deal.
    Would love us to sign Matthew Lund but I reckon he could get a chance at Stoke next season.

Wagstaff has been released by Charlton. Versatile player that can play on both wings and on occasion up front as a supporting striker, loan spell wasn’t the best but hes a corking little player on his day and would offer sufficient competition to both Cox and Moses on the wings.

Marlon Jackson reminds me of Batt and would be available, great work rate and pace to burn, plays predominantly a striker but can play on the wings.

2. Simplyanosfan

Simplyanosfan New Member

No idea who Slade has got on his radar, but with tighter financial budgets for both Premiership and Championship clubs, then I'd expect a few decent players are going to be released from their contracts, who won't get new clubs before the start of the new season.

I've got this feeling that Slade is going to hold on and wait to see if we can pick up some bargains. At the moment we've got a settled defensive line-up, if Vincelot signs and Mooney as well, then you've got a fairly decent starting 11, (weakest part being whoever partners in midfield), in which case it's a question of adding some quality from whoever is unlucky enough not to have picked up a new club.

I liked Reed, and wouldn't be adverse to seeing him back again, and Wagstaff could be a good call as well. Could be a quiet summer until late July/early August.

Seems like we are back to posting on Sports 262 again. See you on there Turk.