1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Rumours, goss 'n tosh - Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Oct 24, 2019.

1. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

The question now is whether DF simply sees Duda and Rupp as better equipped to deliver more from the same, or whether their arrival is recognition that we need to alter the approach (the possibility that Connor raises in his final paragraph).

2. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Come on let’s sell Aarons for £30m and use the money to prop up the squad, hopefully not too late. So, let’s see, another striker? and a CB or two? Should get some change from £30m.

3. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

As good as Arrons is, I'd agree with that. In Byram we already have a very capable alternative, although with different strengths and weaknesses. The trouble is enticing anyone we could really strengthen with to a cause that looks all but lost.

Bah!

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

5. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

6. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thompson to join MK Dons on loan apparently. Amazed that he's somehow got another 2.5 years on his contract with us, given that even when fit he hasn't been able to trouble the first team of Shrewsbury.

7. RiverEndRick

It so happens he can. His main position is striker, but he can also play as a second striker or WR (according to TransferMarkt).

oldcanariesfan likes this.
  8. oldcanariesfan

Phew - we look a little light in numbers in that area <whistle>

At least the Southwell rumours came to nothing...........

zogean_king likes this.
  9. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Confirmed! Thompson has gone to MK Dons on loan for the rest of the season. I remember the new deal raising a few eyebrows at the time considering he has been injured or on loan the whole time he has been here

10. SuffolkCanary

I've just seen that Ben Marshall is still a free agent, with him recently turning down a contract at Rotherham supposedly!

He was a decent player if not outstanding, crazy that he has been without a club this long.

11. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Given Millwall were super bitter about us "blowing them out of the water financially" for him, and their manager moaning repeatedly how we failed to make anything from him, surprised Millwall/Cardiff aren't bothered.

Nigel Stephens and SuffolkCanary like this.
  12. SuffolkCanary

Nigel Stephens likes this.
  13. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I'd put in some bids to ramp up the price then hahaha

RiverEndRick likes this.
  14. RiverEndRick

15. RiverEndRick

This is pretty depressing from Paddy Davitt at the presser today:

"Long, long chat with DF on transfers and rest of Jan window. My take from that:

1. Not looking for a centre back signing from here
    2. Not looking for a striker signing from here"

Looks like SW and DF are willing to gamble on Pukki staying fit (nobody would gamble on Drmić staying fit). CB is more understandable now that Godfrey is back in training. At least DF doesn't rule out recruiting some more midfielders! <steam>

16. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Interesting from Farke at today's press conference. Feels that Duda and Rupp replace Roberts and Srbeny effectively, so he isn't looking for additional signings in those areas.

I think what he means by that is that Duda can be 4th choice striker when required, and Rupp can be 4th choice wide midfielder. Obviously that's not the role either were brought in for, but Farke thinks the cover is there.

With Pukki and Drmic fit for the weekend, Godfrey in contention and Klose back on the grass (Farke described it as nearly having 4.5 CBs), it doesn't look like Farke is expecting/wanting additional options in either area.

Rupp's ability to play full back, taking Heise's squad role, wasn't mentioned. Either because Heise has been a complete irrelevance, or because full back cover might be the only spot left on the shopping list.

17. SuffolkCanary

With no available squad places left at the moment, who should exit so that we can bring someone in RER?

Godfrey is due to return from injury this weekend, Klose is back on the grass.

Who could we bring in up front that is both good quality and happy to play second fiddle to Pukki providing he remains fit? Drmic is a good player, i just hope he remains fit for the rest of the season to take some burden off Pukki at the end of games.

18. oldcanariesfan

Not really a surprise is it. My guess is that the war chest is being kept under lock and key in readiness to buy some quality in the summer for our big Championship push.

19. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Harry Toffolo moves from Lincoln to Huddersfield on a two and a half year contract!

DHCanary and Canary Spring like this.
  20. RiverEndRick

DH's comment is interesting, but I can't find any evidence of Duda ever playing as a striker or second striker. We all hope that Drmić stays healthy now, but his history of injuries isn't reassuring. We've now reached the limit of 17 non-English players, but we do have 2 spaces left in the 25 man squad as Aarons, Lewis, Godfrey and Cantwell aren't included. The last 3 of those will count next season (if they don't leave), but we could have an English player like Rhodes on loan for the rest of the season without compromising the future war chest.

Very pleased for Harry, who I always hoped would succeed. Good for him!

canary-dave likes this.