1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Rumours and Potential signings

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Definitely a star in the future, we are tying him down now. Great move this.

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Look at comment 54. Southend's Stephen Humphrys wearing his zorro mask ;)

3. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Ah yes. A second-string striker from a team which were the worst in League 1 last season.

I’m afraid a signing like that doesn’t exactly scream “we’re going for promotion” to me!

Mind you, the way our first competitive game is going at the mo it’s evident that we need someone, anyone up front. A possession-based game is all well and good but you still need a bloke to put the ball in the net.

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Think he only scored 5 all last season. A slight improvement on the regular starter of last season Tom Nichols <laugh>

5. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

10 goals in 31 appearances for Southend. Not bad at all.

6. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Tom Nichols has signed for Crawley

7. Gastronomic

Bluebaldee likes this.
  8. Gastronomic

9. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Welcome Brandon!

Hopefully a good signing and interesting that Chubby Evans wanted to keep him with the Gills.

At last a striker!

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  10. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Excellent news, just what the squad was crying out for. Only time will tell how good a signing this is, but whatever he brings to the team will be very welcome, and gives us options, which is never a bad thing. I reckon he will do alright with us, and lets be fair, if Pompey were after him, he must have been rated there, so I suspect he will fit in nicely with us. Onwards and upwards now, feeling much more positive about our prospects this season.

Bluebaldee and old timer like this.

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Its great we have another striker. But patience will be needed I think. His goal record is slightly better than Tom Nichols, which to be fair, even I could do that! This new signing doesnt fill me with much hope because of this but JCH came with similar stats and look how he turned out. So I am currently living in hope that he comes good and could end up being the next million pound player to sell. He is 23 and still have lots to learn. I was kind of hoping for someone wiser and more experience to help out the likes of Ayunga and Daly as we now have 3 strikers all at a young age. We still need 1 more striker though.

12. GreatWesternGas

'Its great we have another striker. But patience will be needed I think. His goal record is slightly better than Tom Nichols, which to be fair, even I could do that! ' Just a thought CJ, but I agree with you that any of us would be hard pressed not to better TN's goal tally, so why dont you offer your services as the 4th striker? If you were to play on an 'as required' basis, then it wouldn't eat into the club's finances too much (in fact, being a loyal fan, you could even play for free!) if you felt so inclined. On weeks that you weren't available or didn't fancy it, we could form a roster and one of us could cover you for that game. I reckon Wael would go for this, we are all former footballers at various levels, and could just supply the final part of Ben Garner's masterplan. Can't see any flaws with this at present! :smiley-finger007:

13. old timer

Our new striker Brandon Hanlan substituted because of an injury

14. GreatWesternGas

Not serious according to reports - Hanlon was just cramp, and Leahy got a knock but doesn't appear to be anything that will be a problem, so hopefully no issues with either.

old timer likes this.
  15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

They don't have enough sausage rolls to pay me ;) Im in my late 30's and im not far off Neil Ruddocks build <laugh> I won't be bad for 10 minutes but then I will need some oxygen tanks to keep me alive <laugh>

GreatWesternGas likes this.
  16. GreatWesternGas

Yes I know what you mean - if I'm honest, 10 minutes would probably be the most I could handle also, before needing the stretcher brigade! My problem is, my head thinks I'm much younger, fitter and healthier than I really am - has got me into a lot of trouble in the past, but hopefully I'm older and wiser now (sometimes!). :emoticon-0107-sweat

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

BG yesterday said he is hoping to bring in another 1 or 2 players. Looking at the squad numbers remaining on this list, (obviously 9 belongs to Hanlan now), number 7 and 14 is still available. Im guessing another striker will get the number 14 and a creative midfielder will get the number 7. Once we have these 2 players in.... we will be fine for sure.

please log in to view this image

18. old timer

Ollie Hulbert and Harry Warwick have joined Cardiff Met University FC on loan, they played in last weekends fixture against Aberystwyth in the Welsh Premier league Ollie Hulbert opening his account with 2 goals in a 3 2 win for Cardiff Met

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Newport's playmaker Josh Sheehan is apparently on our radar.

20. old timer

Adrian Tucker is leaving the club to pursue a new challenge of working abroad. Thanks for all you have done Adrian and I wish you all the best for the future. His replacement will be announced later today.
    David Coles appointed 1st team GK coach and has been at the club working with Adrian and the clubs keepers during this week. He has premier league and championship experience and for the last 12 months has been with the England U18s team

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020