1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour he has gone

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Wayne the Punk, Feb 18, 2024.

1. vinkel

vinkel Well-Known Member

You can’t please all the people all the time, and some feckers you can’t please at all.

Yorkie and Young Ted like this.
  2. Yorkie

Yorkie Well-Known Member

Beale Hume blah blah blah. Maybe he did ignore him. Maybe he was thinking in the moment “you’ve just lost me my job by not doing yours”. Natural human reaction. He had the huff. Doesn’t matter now though does it.

3. Iain

Iain Well-Known Member

I've said it before, I think that was initially the plan anyway and had dodds in charge till then.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Beales contract had some kind of clause about reaching the play offs.
    I don't think dodds would have faired much better than Beale as neither are head coach material.
    The club possibly looked at beales reputation as a top coach, thought him and dodds might have made a good pairing, if it was a success happy days if not go back to plan A and bring Still in the summer.
    I think he was always the target but thought as he's not available right now that a Beale/Dodds combo might have been better than just Dodds.
    I don't think for one second they thought the backlash would have been as bad as it was.
    I personally don't think Dodds would have been much better than Beale so position wise nothing has really changed and hopefully we end up with their no1 target

RTB, John 11:35, Magnus and 2 others like this.
  4. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

You may well be right.

Beale wasn't taking any chances ...

... unemployed, didn't have to move home, guaranteed some kind of payoff.

I don't think the club would've committed to a hefty contract either.

John 11:35, Magnus and Iain like this.
  5. Mackem 10.1

Mackem 10.1 Well-Known Member

It is his first managerial appt mistake

6. FellTop

FellTop Well-Known Member

It is first appt that hasnt progressed us. But I have a nagging feeling he was tempted by Keane, and I think he thought he could get candidates when ousting Mowbray but failed. Those would constitute mistakes in my opinion.

It will be interesting to see how the end of season reviews play out. I am sure he will have his own performance review with KLD and I wouldnt mind being a fly on the wall. It maybe he ends up failing on his targets and it could be cheerio. Just my thinking at the minute

Dorset likes this.