1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RUBBISH

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by brisbane-lion, May 1, 2019.

1. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

2-1 down against Bristol City. It doesn't do us any harm except that it shows what a piss weak team we have. It appears that now they are safe from relegation results no longer matter. WRONG!! Pride is a result that has gone before this pathetic bunch. Previous Millwall teams have put pride above everything and played the game to the end, not always winning, but never giving up. I hope that team/club management give some serious thoughts about next season and whom they employ and whom they release. Again I press for the signing of a DECENT striker, something we have lacked for too long. A good defence only limits the number of goals you lose by.

COYL 2019 - 2020 beckons

Millwallsteve likes this.
  2. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

The start of this season we failed to see out games drawing or losing late on and stuttered our way through the season only staying up due to there being three worst teams than us, the standard of football has been **** and has got worse as the season has gone on, many games I've been too this season I have struggled to leave the pub to go(if I hadn't already bought a ticket I wouldn't had).
    Harris has said a lot of players are leaving during the summer and he is looking to bring a load more in, I would say "don't bother Neil, you can go as well" we recently gave 8 players professional contracts(three of which were on the bench last night and he didn't play one of them), Gregory is leaving at the end of the season and should had taken the penalty last night(to put us two up) but Williams wrestles it away from him and promptly misses it costing us the game, ****ing Williams can go too.
    We need a complete change and it needs to be done straight away to give new management a chance to be ready for the start of next season.

3. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Morning all. <ok>

Agree with what's been said here and it's pretty obvious where our weakness lies, I said months ago that we need at least 3 strikers but forgot about Bradshaw at the time and it'll feel like a new signing when we finally get him back from his long term injury. Brads and Greg could form a decent partnership if Greg stays but I don't or won't blame him for leaving as it'll be his last big contract of his career, if you believe what you hear from people on Facebook he's on his way this summer but I'm not on Facebook so don't know exactly what's been said. We need to at least replace Moro, Elliot and maybe Greg, I can't see Sheff U coming back in for Greg now they're in the Prem as they'll know he's not Prem class, but they'll be plenty others after his signature.

I can see AOB staying for his versatility of playing on the left side of midfield. When Holloway bought Williams I remember he said his left foot was like a wand so seems his magic has run out for some people, I won't go against those peoples' opinion that go on a regular basis as I haven't been for so long for one reason or another and it's usually work related. <ok>

4. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

From what I've heard Steve is that Gregory is going to Forest and AOB has said he won't play for the club again, although it could be he won't play for Harris again?, so if Harris is staying he'll be off.
    The other rumour I heard is that Morison will takeover from Livermore to be Harris' number two(he is doing his coaching badges so could be something in it).
    Either way I've not enjoyed this season and hope the new signings are promising and done early to give me some hope for next season, even if we have to cash in on Romeo and Cooper.

5. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Blimey, that's the most posts I've seen on here all season, and now the season's over. I was thinking I was on my own here. <whistle>

6. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

I hope we do our business early as well Stu as history shows us that we have a much better season when the new players are in place for the pre-season training camp. I heard from a mate earlier today that Facebook is saying about AOB going, we'll see if Gerrard comes back in for Cooper.

Ringo Lion likes this.