1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Royal Wedding

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, May 14, 2018.

?

Who is punching above their weight...

1. Harry

2. Meghan

3. Their both ugly ducklings

4. I'd love a threesome with them

5. Who gives a flying ****?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Last it's a bank holiday weekend....

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  2. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

You'd proper molest Meghan. ...

Harry gives all us Gingers hope ....until we realise we don't have **** loadsof money, palaces and fly attack helicopters ...

Ah well....

3. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

If I were single and Meghan knocked on my window in the middle of the night naked and in need, begging to come in, I'd unlock the window.

Have no use for the royal family though. Buncha parasites. Harry wouldn't be with Meghan if he were a commoner. Royal privilege; getting to bonk women too hot for you.

BobbyD and organic red like this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I like the royals more after watching The Crown so the show should be exposed for the propoganda machine that it is.

BobbyD and lfcpower like this.
  5. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

'propaganda'

also cf. poll option 3 'they're'

you bunch of under-educated plebs
    :biggrin:

6. Milk not bear jizz

Stalin would seem a much cooler bloke if you gave him a tardis and a Sonic screwdriver too.

luvgonzo likes this.
  7. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

**** them all <ok>

8. Milk not bear jizz

Meghan has got one on the list crossed off now. Next on her list is the Queen

9. Milk not bear jizz

Such a wonderful concept really; teachers, dust bin men, office workers, hairdressers, firemen... Take money out of their pockets and give it to to people who already have ridiculous wealth and property just because they had the fortune to have the right parents or marry the right person.

10. DirtyFrank

Mweh... they fill the role we want which is a ceremonial largely non political head of state.

I'm no royalist but we basically have a set of monkeys trained from birth to do the job, mix with people we couldnt stand being in a room with...attract the tourists etc etc.

What's the alternative?

An elected ceremonial head of state? So our rep will be someone voted for in the x factor generation. .. class.... that wouldn't go disastrously ...

As for cost... looking at literally every other thing the state does tells me a civil president would be cheaper is just fallacy.

Or a political head of state? Jesus look at the US, Italy or France for that result.

Nope...keep the excellently trained monkeys and at least some of the landed class are working for a living. I would scale it back a bit more (I actually think William plans to follow a more European modelby all accounts which has miffed his arsehole dad no end)

Real change? Get rid of the Lords and replace it with a 10 year one time only elected Senate. Balance of necessary small c conservatism against a more proactive sometimes populist commons.

11. Milk not bear jizz

Why do you need a ceremonial head of state in the first place? It's not like their limited official powers couldn't be redistributed.

I agree that Lord's should be abolished and replaced with something else. I've always been a fan of having one body that mimics the democracy of ancient Athens, a sortocracy, but I won't get into that here... I've given my reasons on other threads on here in the past. <laugh>

12. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Royal family semen is costing the country millions, everyone would have large families if they were getting a mega-money deal for every child like those that come out of the royal womb.

Pay the old girl in buck house and the next monarch but **** paying all the rest, they've got enough wealth to live a thousand lifetimes yet the rest of us are seeing income freezes and the cost of living gone up because of the austerity we're all supposed to be under.

All doesn't apply to the royals though.<grr>

13. DirtyFrank

I agree with that... each time there's a next generation of actual heirs born the rest of the previous generation should receive nothing. .if mummy and daddy want to give them pocket money from their private estates all well and good.

To Milk. Because those duties would inevitably be given to the PM... eventually leading it to be a true executive .... removing the PM role even further from Parliament and the people. I personally don't want that ... cabinet collective responsibility has been eroded enough in the last 40 years.

Like it or not image and perception are important in "selling your country" ... it's almost always big old buildings ...military parades, flag waving etc. Devices I think should be consigned to history but never will be so...id rather have our Queen looking at soldiers dressed up and marching and living off tax payers money than a US President etc who all too often confuses symbolism with action to hide their faults.

Personally with downsizing I think we will get the balance right between the "show" and the cost. I would also like as soon as possible the separation of the monarch from a state church .... it's idiocy in our society and since we removed the selected by God to rule nonsense when parliament became sovereign it's not a constitutional issue any more.

BobbyD and Page_Moss_Kopite like this.
  14. saintKlopp

I'm disappointed Greez. When I saw the thread title I was anticipating the news that the Mrs (nm) was gonna make an honest man of you - well, as close an approximation as is feasible.

I don't care about Royals. I'm not a hater - I think there are far worse things in the world to get worked up over - but neither do I have any interest in their activities.
    Let them get on with it as far as I'm concerned - they're no more responsible for the accident of their birth than any of us.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

You pissed?

saintKlopp likes this.
  16. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Who?

A wedding?

17. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

"they're no more responsible for the accident of their birth than any of us."

I get your point saint but it's not their birth I object to, it's them having financial entitlement bestowed on them from their first breath until their last.
    Royalty is something from medieval times and has no place modern society, if they wish to keep the HRH title before their name fine but the rules of monarchy set out at the reformation maybe tradition but as with other traditions such as burning people at the stake for their religious beliefs the Royal purse and entitlement should be ****ed off.

18. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

I have no beef with royalty per say
    But I can see fsg s points and agree in the main.
    Feel it should be just limited to numbers say the top fifteen the rest work :)
    Btw if this is the level for the summer - it’s going to be a long one - lmao

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  19. Milk not bear jizz

Leader of reformed house of Lord's. Speaker of the house of commons. Even let the Queen keep some powers just stop paying her.

If she doesn't want to be queen anymore because she's not being paid she can step down.

The minimal duties could be spread around.

20. Milk not bear jizz

Thanks FSG, this is in essence my view on this too.

They could hardly complain either, if they kept their titles but lost their payout.

Simply being born who they are they still have advantages to give talks or ceremonial appearances for corporations or any nation and be paid on a per occasionally appearance. They have advantages to making money over you and I simply by being who they are.

There is no reason why the high Street baker, or the bin man should be paying to keep them rich.