1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rovers Latest News - Janaury Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Dec 13, 2017.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Haven't heard or read anything but DC originally said he wanted D M / F. I wonder if he will look at the out of contract players to see if a suitable player is available. The pedigree of the last 2 signings are very good and as I understand it were free transfers. Great piece of business by DC again.
    After looking at the clip showing his goals I do wonder how he is playing at this level and not in the championship

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  2. old timer

According to the WDP today Marc Bola and Dominic Telford are out of contract at the end of the season and Rovers are monitoring the situation to see if there is an opening for the Rovers to sign either player

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Have you listened to DC's interview pre-match of Oxford? He mentions it in that. He said he only signed them on loan in the 1st place as he knew they were in their last year of their contract. He dont like just getting loans and thats it. Then off they go back to their parent clubs who reap the rewards for them to benefit from their player getting match fit. Like with Sweeney for example and Lumley. He now looks at loans which will only benefit Rovers. Loans for player in their final year and build up a relationship with the player and see what they were like before going to offer them a contract. He wants to work with them to mold them into the Rovers way and then hopefully by the end of the season when their contract runs out, the player will more than likely feel at home with us and would be more inclined to sign for us over another club at our level.

Makes good sense to me. I been annoyed this season over the lack of minutes for Telford. Whats the point in having him. But now I can see DC's method, because he has now told us, it makes good sense. He feels Telford aint quite ready but next season, he could be unleashed. But this season is getting Telford in the right place and building him up. I like this idea.

This is another way that shows DC is yet again putting us first!

old timer likes this.
  4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

4 mins 12 sec in...

5. old timer

Like you CJS I wondered why Telford was signed and why he didn't return to Stoke in the January window but after listening to the interview if Telford is aware of that then maybe he is looking to the long term to. DC speaks very highly of his attitude in training and when he plays in the central league or off the bench

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  6. old timer

At least any signings for next season will be here earlier than last season. EFL confirmed today after their meeting that the summer transfer window will close on August 9th just after the first match of the season.
    Didn't think it was worth a new thread for this so I attached it to this one

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I think they should have a window for manager changes. So either you cant sack your manager until the window opens or you can sack but you cant sign a new manager until the window opens.

old timer likes this.