1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rosenior on City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cortez91, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Speaking on Sky’s Championship highlights, Liam said:

“They need to consolidate and build. I don’t think they should be having any desires of two top or even top six. What’s really important at that club is stability. There’s been a lot of friction between supporters and owners and I hope they come together. When that club comes together - I experience it because I had a wonderful time at Hull with an FA Cup final, European football and promotion to the Premier League - there’s potential in that club and in that community. In order for them to do that, everybody needs to be on the same page. I hope Nigel Adkins is given time to let that happpen.”

Rosenior is proving to be an excellent pundit so far in his two appearances for Sky. He’s on our game on Monday night for anybody not going.

I think he’s made a fair assessment.

2. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

He's also been writing a few articles on The Guardian and comes across very well. I've always liked Rosenior.

GLP likes this.
  3. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

He doesn’t speak with cliches like most pundits do and he’s really done his research on his games. It’ll be interesting to see what he’s got to say on Monday in the build up to our game if asked about the owners.

4. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

He comes across as someone with real integrity, which is a rarity within players around the premier league these days.
    Obviously he has a new career to build but with the shackles off, it'll be interesting what he says on Monday night. Sadly I'm at the game so wont know

dennisboothstash likes this.
  5. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

Always was a model pro and an intelligent man

Lincoln Tiger and askewshair like this.
  6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

He’s a top bloke from good stock.

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

And his Nan is from Hull.

He comes across in his commentary very well, very intelligent and well researched. I liked him as a player at City and early indications are he’s going to be an excellent commentator.

Well done Rosey - a credit to your profession.

8. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

So, he's on our game on Monday night for everybody?

9. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

Instead of saying friction between the owners and fans, Shame he didn't say the owners at Hull City are ****ing Bellends - or something more broadcastable

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
    Amin Yapusi likes this.
  10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Probably cos if they sacked Adkins today and offered him the job he'd take it in a flash.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.

11. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

Liam Rosenior has thanked the fans of Hull City for "five wonderful years".
    The defender, who was released by the club earlier this week, wrote an open letter to fans which was published in a local newspaper saying he felt compelled to write it having thoroughly enjoyed his time with the club.
    Rosenior is out of contract with the Tigers next month and is one of a number of players allowed to leave by manager Steve Bruce following relegation from the Premier League.
    He wrote in the Hull Daily Mail: "Due to the wonderful five years that not only myself, but my wife Erica and four children, have experienced while playing for this fantastic club, I feel compelled to write you an open letter to express my extreme gratitude for all of the support and best wishes I have received at this time.
    "Firstly, I would like to say thank you to you the fans, for the unbelievable support I have received in my time here as a player and I hope I have represented you in a way that would make you rightly be proud of this amazing club. It has been an unbelievable journey."
    He also thanked the club’s owners, the Allam family, for "saving the club from extinction" as well as his team-mates who he described as "all fantastic people".
    He also thanked "the kit men and tea ladies, Paula and Jean", before saying sorry for Hull’s on-field showing during 2014/15.
    please log in to view this image

He added: "I would also like to apologise to you all at our failure to stay in the Premier League this season.
    "I can guarantee you that all of the players gave everything and we were inconsolable in relegation and the unbelievable reaction we got after the game, a standing ovation at relegation again, proved to me what a unique, special and unbelievable set of supporters we have at this football club.
    "You all deserve success and I know in time the club will grow from strength to strength."
    He also said "thank you" to the wider public, describing “a proud hard-working city that I have had immense pleasure bringing up my children in over the last five years".
    "Thank you for your tremendous support and I hope our paths cross again in the future,” he added.

Great final letter from Rosie - thanks the owners, the fans, the kit men, the dinner ladies, the wider public - in fact everyone …… oh yes, except one