1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grand Prix thread ROLEX GRAN PREMIO DEL MADE IN ITALY E DELL'EMILIA-ROMAGNA 2022

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ched999uk, Apr 19, 2022.

?

Who will win the proper Race?

Poll closed Apr 22, 2022.
  1. Charles Leclerc

35.7%
  2. Carlos Sainz

14.3%
  3. Max Verstappen

21.4%
  4. Sergio Perez

7.1%
  5. Lewis Hamilton

14.3%
  6. George Russell

7.1%
  7. Lando Norris

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Daniel Ricciardo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Any Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Shame Everton don't want to play football.

2. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

They not been able to play football since the 80s lol

SgtBhaji likes this.
  3. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

My thoughts too. And I think he largely has done. He needed to be rather more Prost in that situation than Mansell, think of the championship and suck up third, which was the best that car was going to do on the day (largely I think because of the daft sprint scenario where FP2 is after qualifying, leaving teams no time to sort out their set up).

If he wants to beat Max though, he needs to not be doing that again in a hurry. Still, I do also sort of love him for trying.

Justjazz likes this.
  4. SgtBhaji

Hold me back folks...hold me back!!! :p

5. SgtBhaji

I mean, you're right though. Sometimes you just have to bag the points and play the numbers game. I totally get how he had the sniff of second again and wanted it, but it's cost him. But it's a valuable lesson that I think he'll look back on, and think, yeah, should have handled that better.

Justjazz and Le Tissier's Laces like this.
  6. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Absolutely. He’s growing up every race, and as we know, he is VERY (perhaps too) hard on himself. He’s not lost a huge amount this weekend, and even if the RBR has gained/passed the Ferrari for the moment, he needs to just get his head down and crack on. I’m sure he will do.

Justjazz likes this.
  7. SgtBhaji

He was lucky to get away with it the way he did. Charlie seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders though, I feel he'll learn from it.

It makes the title fight a little closer though. So hopefully they can trade blows all season... And then Charlie win it all. :)

That's not a jinx before you chime in, Bando!

8. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Enjoyed that and a good result for the championship fight. Nice to see Lando excelling again, I really think he’s the real deal, but I don’t see how he finds his way to genuine front running seat any time soon.

Justjazz likes this.
  9. SgtBhaji

Just gotta hope Macca becomes a front runner.

We're pretty early in these regs, so there's plenty of room for the pack to shuffle a bit. I hope.

10. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

True, although I assume over time it will be the works teams that come to the fore.

11. SgtBhaji

Most likely..though Merc may need to buy a Macca chassis first. :)

Justjazz likes this.
  12. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

That is Silverstone (obvious target) or 10 is end of August. Realistically it is end of August I guess. We will just have to get used to it. Merc really have messed up with the design. I think they started getting excited about the removal of the sidepods, thinking it would be a game changer, and messed up on everything else.
    But we shouldn't compalin, we have an exciting season ahead, based on current performances from the other teams.
    I want to see Alex Albon restart his F1 career too. .

ched999uk likes this.
  13. moreinjuredthanowen

I think merc always intended this no side pods design. The other parts were very basic first test place holders.

The reason I think this is the aero work before the side pods (little vanes) and the floor entry are all aligned to this no pod design.

The red bull floor starts way earlier than the mercs and splits the air teo ways almost like a quasi barge board. The side by side of both cars shows this very clearly.

The red bull is designed to force air under and out in two ways and starts the side floor vortices sooner as well.

I just think merc have the whole floor wrong and can't recover now. They've shown no real change back in Europe where I really expected SOMETHING. You can excuse the first 3 races as on the road stuff but we are now off on the road and then back to Europe so this is now long past recoverable.

Merc have to see if 3rd is actually worth bothering about in terms of money and if they already can 5th and 6th their way to it. Imo they are already thinking 2023.

Engine though... that's a huge worry. All the evidence points to redbull at the higher speeds and ferrari at the low traction zones and merc engines a consistent third best.