1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Roland Selling Up?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Feb 13, 2014.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

There have been too many false dawns. The only celebrating I will do is when it is signed sealed and delivered.

Ken Shabby and Smudger603 like this.
  2. James Dutton

James Dutton Member

I think you meant to say 'little better than....' btw, not 'little worse than'.

Hollow bullsh1itter it is then.

Next time I visit I hope not to find you've been talking about me again. Please try.

3. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

4. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

5. James Dutton

James Dutton Member

He's got a lot to answer for! You deserve a medal. Let's hope there are some good years ahead.

6. James Dutton

James Dutton Member

Used to know that sketch off by heart.

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

It is indeed, Lardi. And it's how I intend to remain until Roland is officially gone.

DickPlumb likes this.
  8. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

I am jealoud Dick - those great players were many years before my time so I never had the priveledge yourself and James did of watching such greatness.
    Keith Weller was another great from before my time!!

Edit - going back to watch Charlton play after watching those greats must have been as disappointing as the takeover!!

9. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

What about Bob Pearson ?

10. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

There has been much criticism on this forum in the past about the way members on another forum have ganged up on individuals and harassed them. It has been said that this forum is not like that.

I'm afraid some of the posts directed at James Dutton over the past week or so seem to me exactly like the past behaviour of bullies on that other forum.

I don't know this guy, he is not a friend of mine and I don't even have much idea whether or not I agree with his views on all matters Charlton.
    But the way he is being attacked pretty much continuously seems like bullying to me.

And there is a difference between disagreeing with somebody or criticising their argument / point of view, and going out of your way again and again to insult them and provoke them into a slanging match.

I thought we were better than that.

11. User deleted as requested

He came over here Lardi. It wasn’t the other way round. And with respect, you give tacit support to Reams ...

12. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Who is ganging up on James?

13. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Ah Bob Pearson - true story

A 16 year old Tim Cahill failed to get into the Australian Institute of Sport where Millwall legend Lucas Neil had come from as he was deemed to small.
    Tim's family then paid for him to travel to England as they had seen an advertisment for a Nottingham Forest open day - Tim travelled but was left sat sitting in a hotel for 2 days - Allen Batsford [once part of the Millwall youth set-up] had seen Tim play for the Sydney United youth team and told our chief scout (Super Bob) that the young Mr Cahill was worth a look.
    It was the end of the season with no more games to play but Millwall had some inter-games arranged so that Bob could watch some trialists and he called Timmy and invited him to play in one of those games.
    8 minutes into that game, and Bob was on the phone to Jeff Burnidge to tell him he had found a special player - 5 world cups later I make him right <cheers>

14. The Elfsborg Sparrow

I reckon he is a bit of a self centred wum though.

Having said that, you do have a point Mr Lardiman.

lardiman likes this.
  15. User deleted as requested

Pearson was obviously a better scout than he was a manager. I well remember your fans slaughtering the fat g1t. We had a similar scenario with Les Reed - a backroom boy promoted beyond is abilities.

DickPlumb likes this.
  16. User deleted as requested

You hypocrite <laugh><laugh>

17. The Elfsborg Sparrow

"Why can't we all be friends?"

<cheers>

Ken Shabby, James Dutton and lardiman like this.
  18. lardiman

Forum Moderator

As far as I am aware James Dutton came here to respond to things you were posting about him.
    I assume you would concede he has a right to address you directly if you are posting things about him that he strongly disagrees with?

As for my 'tacit support' for Reams...

After I left ITTV about a year ago, I began to do what several other members on this forum do from time to time - poke fun at certain individuals on that forum, and the forum itself.
    No harm in that as such, they do it as well from time to time. Sometimes though I posted things about them that were not meant in fun but were unkind and occasionally nasty and vindictive.
    I cannot claim the same justification for behaving that way that some others can. I was never banned from ITTV and no member of that forum (not even Reams) has ever targeted me for serious abuse. IA was probably the one I fell out with the worst, and he was banned from that forum a while ago now.

If I had differences with members on that forum I was always free to log in there and argue with them directly. Or I could choose not to argue with them at all. After a time I realised that insulting them from a different forum was wrong for me, and that I should not behave like that anymore.
    So I returned to posting on ITTV and offered apologies for the unpleasant things I had said.

I like being a member of ITTV for the friendly chat and interaction with those members there who don't abuse other members but just wish to get along with each other and talk about the football. I like to present a few stats for other members to look at if they wish, in order to help the forum a little.
    These are exactly the same reasons I like being a member here at not606.

I still have opinions about the politics of Charlton Athletic and other matters which would cause a lot of backlash on ITTV if I cared to post them there. But I have learned when to contribute and when to keep my own counsel (or at least I am still learning).
    If my views are out of line with the majority views or the prevailing views on that forum then it is up to me whether I decide to voice them or not, depending on the circumstances. I am not in a position to moralise on that forum because of the way I spoke about it and some of its members in the past.

I have never attacked this forum from another platform or posted anything unkind or vindictive about any member here. Therefore I hopefully do not owe anybody here an apology for offending them. Because of this I don't feel I need to be quite as circumspect on this forum about expressing a potentially unpopular opinion as I do on the other forum.
    However I am generally trying not to jump onto my moral high horse anymore on any forum, because it has never served me well in the past.

On this occasion though I felt I had to comment on the treatment of another member here, which I think is not in keeping with the usual prevailing climate on this forum towards other not606 members - a climate of tolerance and easy-going acceptance.

If you and other members feel I am wrong then fair enough. It is only my point of view after all.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  19. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Incorruptible is Major.

20. lardiman

Forum Moderator

I don't think so.