1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Roland Selling Up?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Feb 13, 2014.

1. A likeable little fella

A likeable little fella Well-Known Member

The more I think about it the more I am convinced the Belgian prick is holding out for selling but retaining The Valley.

That would be a recipe for disaster. Am I right to think this?

deleted..... and lardiman like this.
  2. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I think he wants his money back. ALL of his money. All the mis-spent cash that his CEO splashed on Nego Koc, that french keeper, and numetous others. The losses he wants to recoup far outweigh the value of the club, so the price tag will be an ongoing problem.

3. CAFC'sBestInterests

CAFC'sBestInterests Well-Known Member

This is how I've seen it all along. Sadly he's rich enough, unlike other owners we've had, to sit and wait for a price he's happy with. He doesn't have to sell quickly.
    I've heard all the theories of why he's in football but I don't buy into any of them, other than he's in it for profit.
    that's how he left Standard Liege, and that's what he'll want again.

He's been consistent with 2 things in football -
    1. Making a profit
    2. Angering fans at all his Clubs.

Number 1 is what he cares about most.

4. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

I hope you are wrong Elf, but if you are right then you're also right to think it would be a disaster. Because KR is doing well right now there are no protests to speak of (aside from the ongoing boycott) and very few voices of discontent. No negativity at the Valley at all so far this season.
    But if the Regime thinks this means Charlton fans have forgiven them and now accept them, they are wholly mistaken.

If Duchatelet pulled off some kind of halfway sale which saw him retaining assets and therefore influence (even control) this would never be accepted in my view. And it would worsen the splintering of our fan base. I would not put it past the old codger to try and safeguard Meire's job as part of the deal.

When RD goes he must leave completely.

Beware of the virus likes this.
  5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

As ken says, if someone comes in with an offer that returns all of his money then I think he sells.

It was a myth all along about RD financing us to financial stability, as the interest we pay on it will always deter potential suitors. Especially because we find ourselves in a worse off position.

If promotion comes then he gets some leverage back for why someone should pay off these loans.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    CAFC'sBestInterests likes this.
  6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Rick's latest prediction is that there will be an on-the-record announcement by the club that no DD has taken place, and the club is not for sale. If that turns out to be true the protests will have to start again, with or without CARD. I suppose that if you make two completely opposite predictions one of them is sure to be right, and if you're desperate enough you can say you were right.

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Everitt has made a complete t1t of himself this time.

Anyone who ever believes him again is an equal t1t.

I love the way on Wally Life he is now deflecting ...

8. User deleted as requested

Everitt has made a complete t1t of himself this time.

Anyone who ever believes him again is an equal t1t.

I love the way on Wally Life he is now deflecting ...

9. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Agreed that protests should begin again if all hopes of a sale are officially put down by the Club.
    If Charlton slip out of the top 6 and the home fans see a couple of poor performances at the Valley end in defeats, the protest chanting will probably begin again anyway.

Fans have been exceptionally patient this season - no negativity inside the Valley at all. True, they have had to shout their frustration at times, and urge the team forwards. But there has been no anti-RD stuff whatsoever. A scattering of CARD shirts and black & white scarves are the only evidence that there ever were protests - and of course the 20,000 empty seats.

It may not be long before the increasingly laboured positivity becomes more than the home supporters can sustain.

10. User deleted as requested

Time to start calling out Rick “Smoking Chimneys” Everitt for what he is

7BC4ED9A-7E01-4F68-9357-A08D51FCB0A2.png

11. CAFC'sBestInterests

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

13. User deleted as requested

He claims he underestimated how he could be undermined by the abuse he gets on Charlton social media.

Lucky he reads ITTV then.

The only thing that undermined this moron - other than his total unsuitability to own a football club in England - was his autistic insistence on putting a succession of buffoons into jobs they were palpably unqualified for . Meire. Fraeye. Driesen.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

At least he's now admitting it was a mistake. Strange that he stayed in football for so long if he felt this indifferent since the SL sale.

Though it does explain the cut backs to playing budgets since League One, and not giving the club 'realistic' ambitions of a quick fire promotion.

15. User deleted as requested

It says to me that Robinson will be getting no money to spend in January, would you agree?
    He seems totally disengaged. (As we always thought)

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Agree. It's also an open invitation to anyone looking to buy a club to make a bid.

17. User deleted as requested

He asset stripped Standard Liege before he sold it, selling lots of players. Wouldn’t now surprise me if it isn’t just Konsa who goes in January. And he can’t use the excuse that he wants the cash to invest it elsewhere. It will be seen now for what it is. Asset stripping.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Guess it depends on negotiations. They'll be a value to the playing squad now, if he goes on an asset stripping process then that overall value will drop, and potential suitors will use that to their advantage.

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

A rapid sale of assets will not only see the value of the squad drop, but chances of promotion be affected also. He would be best served to keep things in tact and push the price up that way.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  20. CAFC'sBestInterests

It goes without saying he'd sell anything if there's a profit in it for him, but if he wants to get the best price for the Club, he's going to have to be careful about overselling players...

He may not have made any money from football overall, but that's only because he's made a pigs ear out of it.
    Thousands of Stanford Liege fans know he made money from them.