1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Roland Selling Up?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious, Feb 13, 2014.

1. The Elfsborg Sparrow

The Elfsborg Sparrow Well-Known Member

Not a fan I take it?!

2. lardiman

lardiman The truth is out there
    Forum Moderator

does it show? :emoticon-0126-nerd:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

If it is Andrew Muir & the Valley stays with the club, he deserves the immense thanks of every genuine Charlton fan. I fail to see how he would spend £45m and then run Charlton as pathetically as Duchatelet has done.

The rest of this season should be a time for stability & the fans coming back in their 1,000s to support the team in their quest for a Play Off place.

There is no need until the summer for Andrew Muir to make big gestures & big decisions. Just run the club efficiently & competently and that will be good enough for 99% of fans after the last 3 owners.

Above all, Andrew Muir must resist the inevitable public demands & bullying that will come from Everitt & Co.

4. lardiman

Forum Moderator

CARD should publicly disband once the take-over is confirmed, and their final message should be one of 100% good will and support for the new owner.
    The extent to which the Coalition has influenced events over the past two years will never be known.
    But its leaders have no right to believe they have any ongoing responsibility or right to speak for Charlton fans.

5. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Never get the 5.50 again if Everitt lands a job at The Valley!<party>

6. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

It's silly to claim that "We've won" as BDL has tweeted, and I speak as someone who has supported CARD in Belgium, and right up until taxigate. Roland is selling ALL his clubs including the ones where there were no protests. He's failed. Hubris has caught up with him. I feel no sense of victory, but that takes nothing away from the growing sense of joy that his dead hand is loosening its grip on our club.

7. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Some protesters have given a lot of time and effort to the cause, and well done to them. They helped to get the message across that what Duchatelet and Meire were doing was not acceptable.
    Anybody who needs to claim victory in order to feel good about themselves should maybe re-assess what is important in their lives.
    The hope of every genuine Charlton fan is surely that this new chapter about to begin will be a better one for our Club. To have our purpose and pride back, and to be able to unite behind our team again is what matters.

That day cannot come too soon.

8. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

What a strange post......do you honestly think they have any intention of carrying on in some capacity or other, of course not.

9. User deleted as requested

Good.

10. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

You can be so ****ing bizarre and OTT at times......you’re as bad as Reames on occasions, and it’s what let’s you down when you lash out so aggressively.
    Know your enemy!

11. User deleted as requested

10/10 for cheek. I’ll be at Doncaster - about my 65th away ground. Doubt I’ll see Reamsy.

We need to welcome the new owner & hear his plans in time. No more CARD and WAR and ROT and puerile WW2 analogies. No more unelected loudmouth fans with megaphones making demands - meetings, committees, museums, jobs.

It won’t happen though. And you know full well who they are.

12. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Royston? Bizarre? Shurely shome mishtake?

13. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

I too will be at Doncaster.

14. User deleted as requested

I doubt you will see Reams either.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  15. The Elfsborg Sparrow

You two can kiss and make up whilst sounding out "We want Roland out!"

16. User deleted as requested

Time to end your boycott Elfs.

17. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Not until the geezer sells, and not until I know he has no hold on The Valley.

18. User deleted as requested

That news could come today.

19. Mr Sitter

Mr Sitter Active Member

I, as I assume do many others, consider that the protests (particularly the Belgian ones), had some bearing on Goldfinger becoming disillusioned with his absurd set up......though as to how much we will never know.
    I myself went to Belgium last March......was proud to be there and felt that even if in only a small way, I and others had contributed in making him feel uncomfortable in his own back yard.......to say nothing of the huge media attention it received in Belgium and beyond.
    As I say, I doubt anyone apart from himself, will ever know the effect it had on him and ultimately his decision to climb down and admit his mad idea was just an almighty clusterfuck from start to finish. I personally was against him from day one.....it was never going to work.
    I’m proud of my contribution, as small as it was, and if nothing else I didn’t just sit behind my screen and do nothing but moan. I can look myself straight in the eye and say I put my feelings across in a lawful and respectful way to the citizens of St Trudien and hopefully embarrassed him in his own backyard.
    I even got a TV interview for 30 seconds or so that went out on Belgian TV and beyond.......one down side to that was that it led to a huge row with Chris Parkes next time I saw him at Peterborough a few weeks later and a friendship of many years sadly came to an end. Another classic example of why I detest this regime and all it stood for.....Goldfinger has absolutely no idea of the damage he has caused......it’s been akin to a civil war of sorts and got pretty ugly at times.
    The Valley has become toxic and needs decontaminating ASAP!

UP THE ADDICKS!

lardiman and DickPlumb like this.
  20. The Elfsborg Sparrow

Parkes sold his bottom to the Belgians.