1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rodwell - The Truth?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Sunderlad, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Sunderlad

Sunderlad Well-Known Member

New boy Jack Rodwell has warned young English players to stay clear of Man City? Rodwell says he has been at peak fitness for the past 18 months and does not understand why he has been described as "injury prone".

This makes our new signing sound even better ^^

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

He was playing every week at Everton, then he followed the money to City & now he's bitching about it, what a tosser.

3. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I know these forums are all about opinions but who the **** asked for yours?

4. BackO'TheNet

BackO'TheNet Well-Known Member

Anyone in any profession would follow the money, if his circumstances allowed it, however, after a while, if you turned up for work and were told you weren't needed to do that job and instead were told to sit on a bench and watch others do it, even though you were still paid, you would get bored ****less and get itchy feet.

He could have stayed on that bench but he wants to fight for an England place......He wants to play football ffs !

5. sanddancersoftheworlduniteandtakeover

He's right. I don't know why he is calling man city. It's the height of unprofessionalism to disparage your previous employer publicly. The club should take him to task. How did you feel when colback was opening his mouth? Or Darren bent?

He's probably ****ed up any chance of loan deals from city.

6. Howe's about that then?

Howe's about that then? Well-Known Member

Absolutely, it is a short career players should be playing as much as they can.
    There has to become a point where further £x000's a week become excess to your needs.
    It's great that Rodwell has now decided to play than take money but he must of known what was going to happen to him at city so its a bit off to moan about it now.

7. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

He wasn't playing every week at Everton,he was constantly out with a hamstring problem
    He hardly played at City because he was constantly out with a hamstring problem,the very idea that he was at peak fit ss s frankly laughable
    I hope he gets his career back on track at Sunderland because he's a fine player but I suspect he will spend more time in the physio room than on the pitch sadly

8. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

It's probably the Americans and Western press's fault then, it usually is isn't it?

9. sanddancersoftheworlduniteandtakeover

Whatever! Idiot

10. Montysoptician

Montysoptician Well-Known Member

Where did he warn young England players to stay clear of Manchester City?
    This is the interview he was asked about City and his response was polite and professional.
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...land-new-boy-ready-for-next-chapter-1-6776773

11. Montysoptician

Where did he warn young England players to stay clear of Manchester City?
    This is the interview he was asked about City and his response was polite and professional.
    http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...land-new-boy-ready-for-next-chapter-1-6776773

12. Montysoptician

13. Blunham Mackem

Forum Moderator

Idiot <doh> the blinkered one would know all about that.

14. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

What you mean like half your squad has jumped ship for top five wages. Hypocritical tosser.

15. sanddancersoftheworlduniteandtakeover

Operation blinkered freedom!

16. Brian Storm

Ever thought he was made promises about his development that weren't kept as a possibility?You're right about one thing fella, you don't know why he is calling man city, In fact fella, if you could provide me that quote I'd be most grateful. it would be respectable to get the facts before turning on our new player.

17. sanddancersoftheworlduniteandtakeover

Read his full interview mate.

18. Brian Storm

&#8220;Man City was an opportunity that came knocking and I couldn&#8217;t turn it down,&#8221; he said.

&#8220;I wouldn&#8217;t say it was a wasted two years.

&#8220;Mancini signed me and I was playing under him apart from the injuries.

&#8220;Every time I was fit I was playing, but last year the new manager came in and I wasn&#8217;t playing as much. He brought in a few of his own players so it was a bit more difficult.

&#8220;But that&#8217;s football, you know. You make moves, sometimes they work out and sometimes they don&#8217;t.

&#8220;I wouldn&#8217;t change it for the world.

&#8220;Obviously there was a bit of injury here and there and not playing. It was frustrating but it was a good experience.

&#8220;I played with top players but I am here now and ready to play.

&#8220;I am here now to start a new chapter. I want to kick on again.&#8221;

&#8220;It was hard watching the World Cup. You&#8217;re watching it and it&#8217;s bitter-sweet.

&#8220;Hopefully with a few games under my belt and playing well, there&#8217;s a squad coming up soon and that&#8217;s my aim.

&#8220;I just want to play as much as I can here and hopefully get back in the England team because I feel that&#8217;s where I belong &#8211; I feel I can play at that level.

&#8220;I was watching the World Cup and wanted to be there but at the same time I was supporting them. It was weird though.

&#8220;Hopefully this season, playing well, I can get back in there.&#8221;

Yeah, bang out of order that <doh>

19. thickhead

thickhead Member

I don't think the lad said "stay clear". He advised people should "think carefully" about moving to Man City. There's nothing nasty in what he said about MCFC.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-new-boy-jack-rodwell-4026531

20. Brian Storm

I'd love to mate if someone would provide a Link for it. It's a thread hanging out our new player with nowt to back it up.