1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rodwell anyone?

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by leeds60, Jan 19, 2018.

1. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

In the 1950's Sunderland was known as the Bank of England club because they scoured the country buying the best talent.Talent such as the great showman Len Shackleton from Bradford Canon ball Fleming and a host of other stars.They believed in entertainment and in Shack this was in abdance.His party tricks were something to behold he would send a ball towards his team mate but with so much spin on it that it came back to him.Another trick was to dribble the ball so well that his opponent would be dizzy so Shack would then sit on the ball like a torreadour waiting for the bull
    Lets go forward to today the club will be in the first division next season they are losing money left right and centre and the man to cause this is Rodwell who has been sitting on the bench or at home collecting 70k a week and he has no intention of breaking his contract So Coleman can't bring in players because he hasn't any free money until Rodwell problem is resolved and this will take a further 18 months!
    Next season Rodwell will earn a week more than the collective money of all the teams his own team plays against!
    So who will take him on my guess is no one in their right mind unless you can come to a deal, so that at least Sunderland gets something back say 10k a week .Would you take him.He says he can play CB and he is only 26 'If I were Sunderland I would pick him for all the home games and let the crowd have a go at him perhaps he may change his mind and leave

2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

I thought Rodwell was going to be another Rooney. He looked brilliant for a lad but was ruined by Man City. He has decided that money is more important than a career and is everything thats bad about football players. Everyone understands that they have a short shelf life and those nearing the end of their careers need cash for the future. Those who are gifted like Rodwell should accept that they hit the jackpot and had a few years of gold (Without doing much or playing much) Now they should accept silver and show the world just how good they are, then hopefully get the gold again when deserved. We had this with Brown who should have come to us the season before we got him, because he was prepared to not play for 12 months and pick up a big wage for doing nothing rather than come and play for us. Rodwell said yesterday he wont go anywhere for less than £70k per week, so will run his contract down. Gifted player yes, twat deffo so fook him the greedy get

3. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Or the alternative is, he is fit and available to play (which he is) and the manager won't pick him (either because he doesn't rate him or the club want rid because of the contract they offered him). So if you were at work and had done nothing wrong and your boss came to you and said, I don't like you anymore, you've done nothing wrong but just leave without another job lined up so I can save money (tear up your contract) you would so "okay, no problem"?

4. Clive Time

Clive Time Active Member

The man to cause Sunderland's relegation problems is my old mate.

They've paid millions and given massive contracts to lots of players, Rodwell isn't only a small problem.

Rodwell was poor and hardly played before he went there, they were mugs to sign him for so much.

There's loads of players who haven't lived up to the hype, if they'd been offered massive deals they'd have sat on them rather than dropped down the leagues and turned semi-pro.

Why would anyone pick a player to let the crowd have a go at them?