1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RODRIGO INJURY

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Feb 2, 2023.

1. esteponawhite

esteponawhite Well-Known Member

Time for BamBam to show his silky skills.
    I saw lingard got injured last night in the warm up for the trees, is he one of their better players? they signed so many I've lost track.

2. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

<laugh> they can sign as many as they like Este, will they gel though. We've signed on paper better players IMO.<ok>

Marcos Barber likes this.
  3. esteponawhite

I agree, then everton sign……….nobody and sell their best youngster, maybe they've all gelled tho.
    <laugh>

Marcos Barber and Irishshako like this.
  4. Irishshako

<laugh> I remember when Everton were either 3.0 down or 3.1 down to Wimbledon and they were going down, but the bastards drew 3.3 and survived. I would love to see them relegated.<ok>

5. Jammy 07

Jammy 07 Well-Known Member

Don't mess with the 'Football Gods' ever...it never works.

That's why I'm totally ambivalent to Everton and will just watch it all unfold without fear of favour <whistle>

Irishshako likes this.
  6. esteponawhite

They were never really on my most disliked list till ferret face frank took over, since then tho I hope they go down.

7. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Bit harsh, not my decision <laugh>

8. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

X2

But as I reflect on it, they’re well overdue a humbling in the championship. Amazing a side that’s been bang average so often, has never been relegated.

FORZA LEEDS and esteponawhite like this.
  9. Leedsoflondon

No you’re not. You take Sinisterra off and replace with someone else, no need to send Rodrigo on against a 3rd division team, three up with 20 minutes left. Get if 0-0 and chasing the win but any of the subs should be able to see out the game. No need to chase another goal.

wakeybreakyheart likes this.
  10. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Exactly it’s the Jesse’s decision

11. milkyboy

it was vitally important for Jesse to see rod, paddy and Georgie on the pitch at the same time, checking different combinations.

You clueless amateurs just don’t appreciate the importance of such things.

5 minutes later he’d seen enough and hauled the other two off. He sees in 5 minutes what you will never see :emoticon-0105-wink:

Leedsoflondon likes this.
  12. Leedsoflondon

Hey, you leave those clueless amateurs alone <ok>

13. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I've hated Everton ever since my first away game when we won 3-2 at Goodison in 1990. I was 10 years old and they bricked our coach on the way out.

14. Aski

Aski Well-Known Member

Was at that game, got the ferry over from the Isle of Man (the bar opened at 7am ;) ), and a friend (Everton supporter) got me a ticket, so was sat in what I presumed was the home end. As we went 3-0 up seemed like there was more Leeds fans around me than home fans, and we got to see Neville Southall do his sit down protest on the pitch at half time.

First game back in the top division since relegation in 1982 produces a win, got to stay over at the future Mrs Aski's that evening, and a nice calm sailing back to Douglas on the Sunday evening :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  15. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

My brothers mate couldn't go so my mum told me that he had to take me. He hated the idea and didn't speak to me the whole day. I had a great time apart from the bricks coming thru the windows.

Marcos Barber, FORZA LEEDS and Aski like this.
  16. milkyboy

bricked it up or bricked it in? Can never be sure with scousers.

17. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

give over lad, fk all to do with seeing them play together ... any sane manager wouldn't risk his leading scorer away in an Fa Cup tie against third division cloggers ... they were intent on kicking our lads from the off, because that's all they had ... if he needed to pull someone out of the firing line, he had Joseph and Perkins on the bench to fill in ... you'd have thought he would have wised up after Summerville got clanked against Cardiff ffs

it was yet another ridiculous example of poor decision-making ... let me add this caveat: Maric and Airpods Armas are clearly not giving Jesse the best advice ... if they understood football, and in particular English football, they'd know that you try and minimise your risk in a difficult away cup game against players of lesser ability ... the reason for this is that these lower league chaps will get stuck in, and their basic skills means a lot of them can't tackle properly or they'll lunge in with a mistimed challenge

Jesse got it horribly wrong sending Rodrigo on at 3-0 up and with Leeds in complete control ... it's right up there with his howlers at Spurs and Saints that cost us 5 precious points

he better fkn win at Forest or I'll personally get over to TA and kick his arse all the way to Chicago!!

18. Poly

Poly Well-Known Member

If Rutter is a success, is there any room for Rodrigo in a 1st choice Leeds Utd team ?

19. Irishshako

Oh believe Jammy, I don't underestimate any side we play, including Everton. I was merely stating that I'd love to see them go down.<ok>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  20. Irishshako

I have to say I've never liked them, but I can't for the life of me remember why.<doh>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.