1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Rochdale game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

on paper this game would suggest that town have a chance of getting some badly needed points.
    Rochdale sit two positions above town, out of the last five games;
    they have won 2 , drawn 1 and lost 2
    whilst town have won 2 and lost 3.
    Rochdale have a worse goal difference than town at - 9 .

there manager seems happy in the progress they are making.
    https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/november/hill--progress_november-2018/

with a much tougher game afterwards against Wycombe getting a good performance and some points would give the team a boost. the defence will need to be more switched on after conceding such a soft goal against Crewe. also Coyne clearly felt the training was not at a high enough level so lets see if that has made any impact. i just hope town turn up are more consistent and play for 90 minutes,

Matster likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

in the first half town showed more urgency, pressed well and recycled the ball well, Rochdale looked dangerous on the break at last Ferijri gets the ball at his feet gets a penalty and scores,Docherty looked dangerous in the hole just wished he would have shoot more, Hollowyas and Nrburn looked dangerous. Norburn showed real composure on the penalty and was willing to put his foot through the ball, whilst Rochdale move was well worked to score there first goal,they were given too much room and punished us. all credit to town for the fight back and a vital win.
    if i was been picky we seem to play a lot of the ball down the middle which makes it very congested and easy to defend against. grant seemed to have an injury so i hope it is not to serious and he is vital in his sweeper role.
    a tough FA cup game and equally tough game against in form Wycombe who beat Rochdale three nil a few weeks back and got a draw against Sunderland today.

pleased for the team ,Coyne and our goal scorers today Ferjiri made a real nuisance of himself in the box.

3. Zenfootball2

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great result!

Norburn supposedly said that Coyne told him to take the pen and bluffed the ball from Doherty!

MoM was between Okenabirhie and Norburn, with Grant just behind. I was going for Norburn before Rochdales second goal and when Town sealed the third goal that confirmed it. Mind you Okenabirhie was a real threat up front and constantly looked at opportunies to attack goal and get involved in play.

Plenty of smiles leaving the ground was great to see.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  5. Zenfootball2

Coyne and the rest of the back room staff deserve a lot of credit for stabilising the ship , i agree with everything you say Matster , at last a game were they play the ball at Okenabirhie's feet ,something i have been banging on about like a broken record , the one game he got criticised by fans when 90% of the ball were in the air and he was playing against a man mountain defender, he showed real intent and looked like the players most likely to score. as for the penalty that is the atirtude we wont to see from players.
    in the Coyne interview it was interesting to hear that he had been trying to get him playing as he saw his potential in the training

Whilst Rochdales first goal was well worked town defence made it easy for them. however when we went behind heads did not drop and we deserved the win

Matster likes this.