1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rochdale game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Aug 18, 2017.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Looked like a really good performance against Wimbledon with some slick passing. It is also good to see Payne back on a permanent deal and we look to have a decent group of strikers now. Our start to the season has filled us all with optimism so lets see more of the same tomorrow and another three points. Come on you blues!

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Another great win - fair play to Rochdale for making it such an open game. Bolton and Nsiala were asked some questions defensively and will learn much from it - I thought Brown played really well today and Rodman is unrecognisable from last season. I think three is the most we have scored in a game under Hurst but it should have been five with their goalie making some brilliant saves in the middle of several major misjudgements and miskicks. Payne took his goal well and surely will be the starting striker next week- I would like to see Morris alongside him as he has potential and his goal will have boosted his confidence. It will be a real test at Oxford next week but there is a great buzz about the club after the flying start - well done to Hurst and the lads and long may it continue.

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What are fab game. I brought my uncle whose local big club is watford and often watches them. He made a few comments about mistakes being made and I pointed out that that's why they're in league one and not higher up! He really enjoyed the game and said town deserved the win.

Their goalkeeper was excellent for them. When we had an offside, our player struck the ball at the goal and their keeper caught it one handed, which was impressive.

Regarding Rodman, we really liked him last season as he did several aspects of footy really well. He is even better this season. Brown was amazing and deserves the MoM nomination as at one point he was nodding a header at their goal and seconds later was back to block a shot for our defense.

Nolan continues to amaze in midfield and Ogogo continues to be a perfect partner for him. At one point early in the second half though, our midfield barely touched the ball when rochdale changed tactics.

Things are looking promising for town and psychologically three wins builds great confidence for both team and fans. If we lose the next three games we would still be optimistic about the season, whereas if we'd have lost the first three and won the next three - confidence would not be as strong.