1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rochdale game off

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Aug 28, 2019.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

Does anybody get the impression that it's a bit of a farce down here in League One?

Given that only really Downes would be a miss to the first team, I don't see how this decision from Lambert helps our season.

The other thing that is quite daft, unless you're a season ticket holder the club has made it really hard to get away tickets for the smaller grounds this season. People keep telling me I should get a seat in the home end, that would just not cut it for me.

2. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

Thats annoying, I have a few away games i can get to subject to tickets being available. what is the best way to get away tickets? what are they doing to make it hard?

3. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

In seasons gone by it was usually possible to pick up tickets on the day at the ground. Easy peasy.

Now it’s often all ticket, some games are selling out. Some are gold card / season ticket holders / silver card only to buy tickets with general sale last. Sometimes the dates and prices are not published in much time. The website is publishing different information to what they will tell you on the phone and the ticket website gives different information to the club website.

To give an example, MK Dons has already passed the Gold Card / Season ticket / silver card deadlines and are on general sale, but prices have not been published. You can however buy the tickets on the website but it still says you must have a Season Ticket or Gold Card.

Gillingham is just a few weeks away but so far there is no information and no way to buy tickets yet.

In short, it’s a complete and utter shambles. Nobody is managing or updating the information properly.

4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

The basic problem is that many of our opponents have very small grounds so our allocation is much smaller than when we were in the Championship, what's the the cost of a silver card ?

5. brb

brb CR250

Hi,

I'm a Gills supporter, how many fans are likely to travel to our place, and I'll be able to advise if I think you will be able to get a ticket.

Home tickets are currently on sale at £22.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Hi brb

As stated above, not interested in sitting in the home section.

We took 4,000 to Peterborough, just 750 to Bolton but that's a lot further and a bit of a dead rubber. I would guess for Gills it's likely to be something like 1500 - 2000.

Burton we sold out our allocation whatever that was but it holds < 5000.

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

You will get 2k in our our BMS (Brian Moore Stand for away supporters) - I think it can hold about 3k but for safety reasons it will probably be limited to 2 - 2.5k. Beware it is the only part of the ground that was never recontructed, due to the collapse of ITV Digital, so it is a shhite scaffolding stand very open to the elements.

8. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Silver card is only £30 - and you get one free ticket (kinda makes sense if you're going to a few games)

fieldmarshall likes this.
  9. fieldmarshall

Makes perfect sense to me Stretchy, if I wasn't a ST holder I would definitely get one.

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It would probably have to be a Gold Card to jump the queue but it’s definitely an option. Do you know whether you can buy multiple tickets with a card or is it one ticket per card holder?

11. fieldmarshall

I think its 1 ticket per card.

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Sold out our allocation for Gills, 2.1k.

brb likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

Well done. Hopefully the weather will be ok for you all, but just remember if the weather is bad, the stand is completely open to the elements.