1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robins TV

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Jiffie, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Are there any season ticket holders, who can clarify the position over watching the Exeter game on robins TV, please.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

3. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Just had clarification.

I am a season ticket holder, who unlike many never claimed a refund for the outstanding games last season, in fact I donated mine to the clubs academy and I am likely to do the same this season with the season ticket that I have already paid for.

However it would appear that the greedy bastards at BristolSport want me to pay £10 to watch this game, they are having a f****** laugh, honestly the way this club is being run is a disgrace, they are expecting loyalty but don't show any back.

I have never felt so distant from my club as I do now, shame on them.

4. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Nothing to do with Bristol Sport, it's to do with an EFL and SKY agreement that is in place, the club don't have a say

5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

You will have to give me link to that because that is not the way the club has advertised it.

Of course if you are correct there is still nothing to stop the club actually repaying the goodwill that many like myself have shown to the club over this difficult period by swallowing the cost themselves, I think I have more than done my bit.

6. Loathsneyd

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

7. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

That does say what you are implying.

And there is nothing that differentiates between league or Carabao cup games.

This is the important bit for season ticket holders.

'In addition, Season Ticket holders will, under the newly agreed framework, be provided access to all HOME GAMES, subject to the agreement of the Club where the supporter holds a season ticket. In the Championship access to AWAY MIDWEEK matches will also be available as part of the season ticket package if Clubs choose to offer it'.

PS:- IF THE CLUBS DECIDE TO OFFER IT?

8. Loathsneyd

That is talking about league games not the Carabao cup. Season tickets never got you access to cup games. To be honest I don't really care if you want to stay angry at the club then go for it.

Carabao Cup Streaming
    Round One Carabao Cup matches that are not selected for live broadcast by Sky Sports will also be eligible for Clubs to stream. These will only be available on a match pass basis at £10.

9. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Yes I am well aware of that, my anger is because I have done more than my bit to support my club financially, by not asking for a refund on my outstanding season ticket usage for last season UNLIKE MANY, I took up the robins TV offer + donating the money leftover to the academy. I bought my season ticket for this upcoming season early, aware that lockdown was a probability, to help the club financially and my club cannot give a £10 pass for one poxy game?

I don't really care what you think, the club yet again is wrong and season ticket holders are being screwed over and their loyalty is being ignored, as I said before the club at times expect fans to bend over and supply the vaseline.

There is nothing to stop the club giving fans like myself a free pass for this game, but as usual they choose not to.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  10. Loathsneyd

Find one club in the entire EFL who is doing that for these cup games and I may have some sympathy for you

11. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

I don't want your sympathy and I don't give a crap what other clubs are doing.

Had I like many others claimed a refund for last season and for this coming season, the club would be financially worse off and I would be happy to pay my £10 to watch this game, like I am paying £10 to watch the kids at Dorchester tonight, but no all my outstanding monies went back into the club, which I believed to be the right thing to do at the time.

But I would just like some small recognition that unlike many I did the right thing and that my club are doing the right thing by me and they are not, if you cannot see that, then fine.

Once fans are let back in, I will continue to spend 4 hours on trains and the cost of food and drink and club shop for my 5 grandchildren, but it will stick in my craw, that the club doesn't value me enough for a £10 pass.

12. Loathsneyd

So your argument is that because the club was not financially worse off because you did not claim your refund is to make the club financially worse off by streaming this game free of charge?

13. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

My argument is that I did the right thing UNLIKE MANY, to the tune of hundreds of pounds that I could have claimed back.

I am not and have never said that the game should be streamed free. I don't know where that statement came from.

I am saying that in my case and other season ticket holders who did the same as me, a small reward of a £10 pass is surely not too much ask?

14. Loathsneyd

Surely given all season tickets a £10 pass would be streaming the game free for these people? You have no idea what the contact situation is between the EFL, SKY and Robins TV whether this is even possible, bearing in mind that NO OTHER CLUB have done this I would imagine that that is a contractual obligation around this price.

15. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Mate that is BS, EFL/Sky don't give a **** where the money comes from, so the club could pay it if need be.

The maths is simple I could have claimed back around £500 and happily paid £10 for a pass for the game at a loss of £490 to the club, is that good business?

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Message to supporters
    Friday, August 28th 2020

As we look forward to the new season we recognise that, alongside the excitement of a new campaign, there is some uncertainty for our fans, particularly around a potential return for supporters to Ashton Gate.

In light of the EFL’s announcement of a temporary agreement with Sky, click here to read more, we are currently working through the options available to our supporters.

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding and we will provide options for Season Card holders and for live streaming by the end of next week.
    https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/message-to-supporters/
    https://www.efl.com/news/2020/august/all-sky-bet-efl-matches-available-on-tv-or-online/

17. Loathsneyd

This was your choice. The choice wasn't do this and you get something for nothing later on was it?

18. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

the away club?

one has to respect the extra work by the broadcasters to implement the amount of "additional" effort required … they wont go the loser but happy to break even!

19. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Something for nothing FFS, now you are talking utter crap. I have more than paid my way supporting my club, when quite a lot of vocal 'fans' on forums don't even go to games.

Loyalty is a 2 way street and earlier this week the club asked the fans for loyalty, I met several fans (season ticket holders) tonight at the Dorchester game and every single one said exactly the same, the club is taking the piss over this.

20. Loathsneyd

Sorry if I got it wrong but my understanding is you want to watch the cup game, which is something without paying anything, which is nothing. Apologies if that is not correct.