1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages...............

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Arsenal4life

Arsenal4life Well-Known Member

Agree but its also due to the 50p tax rate. Clubs now have to pay their players more than they did previously or they just go to spain or italy.

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Whats the point eh? We do things the right way and teams like Man City, Real etc can just bankroll themselves with insane sums of money. Where is the justice? Sometimes i just want the Uzbek warlord to take over our club and see what Wenger can do with the money. If noones playing fair then why should we?

3. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

Two wrongs don't make a right Laz, I'm proud of the way Arsenal are run, where's the fun in watching your team spend a billion quid and lift a trophy ?

4. lazarus20000

Exactly, this insane 50% tax rate is raping the clubs. Just look at how many 30k-50k players are being paid over 100k a week at Man City! Even a half season wonder in Nasri is getting paid well over 100k a week! The whole thing just makes you cry....Damn even at our own club we have players like Denilson, Bendy and Aluminium on 50k a week!

5. lazarus20000

But its frustrating though. It's like we've got one arm tied behind our back yet we are expecting to compete with these juggernauts? Just look at the players going to Man City, at least a few of them would have come to Arsenal had Man City and Chelsea not screwed the whole financial landscape up. We are only a handful of clubs doing it the right way....

6. Arsenal4life

I wouldnt call it insane mate. To be honest I am glad they are charging footballers so much tax. I am not a Jealous person but its a joke that mugs like gareth barry and samir nasri can get 140k a week. Makes no sense. They arent even that talented and nobody would pay to watch barry play <laugh>

I mean bendy on 50k a week. Thats just obscene. Ideally I would like a wage cap on all clubs capping their expenditure to around £50m a year. That way it would be more even as a sport and these players wouldnt get these ridic wages which is paid for by the poor people spending ridic loads on tickets but espcially on overpriced merchandise.

7. lazarus20000

Im in total agreement with you on the wage cap. Having bog standard Brit players like Barry on 140k is the joke of the century. No one apart from players like Messi and Ronaldo should be on wages of 140k. Even RVP should be on 100k max, i mean, 1 nearly full injury free season and he he deserves a huge pay hike? What about all the years of being on the treatment table? Football needs to get back down to earth as it's orbiting some planet that i've never seen before.....

8. Arsenal4life

And I agree with you that at least part of the problem is people like roman and man city. That is when wages really started to take off. Man utd, financially the biggest club in world football - easily once you see that their income is sustainable as its based on a brand, have only just been able to keep up. I think without the saudis and roman we would have players on 150k max.

9. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

Where is the fun in watching the same four teams play in the CL year after year sharing the spoils allowing them to buy the top players to keep the cycle going when your team struggles every season and success is not getting relegated.

10. Arsenal4life

I agree with this. Thats why I think cl money maybe should be shared out in a similar way to the payments to the football league. The cl tv money should be halved and the other half should be divided among other clubs in european leagues.

11. Father_Jack_Hackett

You have just proved my point you begrudge us having money to spend because players will come to us not you yet you think its fine for players to come to you and not the mid table clubs because of your position in the league and CL football and the money you can offer, you are part of the monopoly and the monopoly are the juggernauts, how can the mid table clubs ever compete ?

12. Grizzly

Grizzly Active Member

His point is that clubs that are run properly generate a profit that allows for future investment, couple this with shrewd buys/management/marketing etc and clubs can compete with the big boys - they may be on a slide but look at Tottenham and a few years ago Everton despite having to sell top players every year.
    Man City were given a stadium, paid by the taxpayer then in walks an oil baron and a few years later and half a billion quid later the club are challenging.
    If they'd done it the right way no-one would have an issue with City, I can't speak for all Arsenal fans but I have more respect for Tottenham, they pretty much mirror Arsenal in how they're run....

13. RobofLeeds

RobofLeeds New Member

Good point.

'course it does.

Their victories were hollow, just as yours will/may be.

It's bloody ridiculous that Spurs can't play their main striker against a major rival ................... because he's their player.

Just like Chelsea bought Scott Parker ( and ruined his career ) to stop anyone else getting him.

Altho' in City's defence, the wasted money on Adapaymemore, was probably more due to an over-exuberant ignorance, than deprivational machinations

Still **** tho'

<laugh>

14. Father_Jack_Hackett

How the **** can a mid table club ever break into the top 4, do you think it is a coincidence the same teams have been there for years attracting the best players and having the prize money to attract them and pay their wages etc, as i said above for the rest of us success is not getting relegated, everyone talks about the FFP rules and i am sure eventually they will sort clubs like ours out but i also think they need to look at the obscene amount of prize money the top four clubs can make out of the PL & CL and lets get back to a level playing field.

15. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Spurs fan in peace...(was in pieces after you caned us)
    Why has ni investigation been launched into citys and rvps behaviour if this story is true? Its clearly against the rules...the Cole incident with Chelsea proves that.
    As no investigation is takung place I think its safe to assume this is paper talk without the slightest basis in fact.

16. lazarus20000

I understand your sentiment but throwing money at players will only make the situation worse. How can anyone justify paying Tevez 200k a week for example is ludicrous. You have to admit, Man City went completely bananas and went out buying anything and everything. Even Chelsea bought gradually and not pay players astronomical wages.

As discussed before, we need to put some sort of wage cap on players otherwise someone (most likely Man City), will pay a player 300k a week wages!

We are living in difficult times where normal people find it difficult to live day by day, let alone afford a season ticket, or even a ticket! Football was meant to entertain the working classes, now we find the well off only being able to afford season tickets for themselves and their children....

17. Arsenal4life

Chelsea's wage bill is even more obscene than citys mate. Espciially when you consider city actually have a good team to show for their £180m a year in wages.

18. Topgun

Topgun Member

Question : Apologies if this has already been asked in this thread, however if this story were true and the 210K per week is the proposed wages, how on earth can City expect to comply with the FFP rules, considering you already have many other players or similarly huge wages?

19. Arsenal4life

And how do you now buy top class players when they wont join and take less wages than your current players.

20. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

Anyone remember Wenger's utterances at the begining of the season, when he said no-one was leaving the club (including Nasri and Fabregas)? A few days later they were both gone..... Anyone also remember the interview in which he said he was willing to let Nasri run down his contract even if it meant him leaving for nothing next season? Do we also remember what SAF said? Something along the lines of "No way would Wenger's employer allow that to happen...."

I think RVP will not sign a new deal, irrespective of whether we finish in the top 4 or not. If City are daft enough to offer him 210k per week (with all his history of injuries), and pay stupid transfer fee for someone in the last year of his contract, then goodluck to them. If he does decide to go, I would hope, what he has achieved this season (and more importantly stayed injury free) for us will be an exception and not the norm.