1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Riyad Mahrez “Happy and enjoying being here”

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Heres a few quotes from Riyad Mahrez

“I am settled, I’ve always been settled, Of course I wanted a new challenge, but it didn’t happen and that’s okay.

“Like I said, I wasn’t disappointed for myself because I love this club and I have been through everything with this club.

“We won the league, we were in the Champions League and we got safety in the last two games in the first year in the Premier League. I went from the Championship to the Premier League with this club. I have been through everything with this club. I am very confident here. I feel good.”

Very good to here from Mahrez. Maybe he was concered about the direction the club was going under Shakey. With French manager who has told Mahrez he doesnt need to bother defending as much in certain games maybe Mahrez is much happier to stay

But whatever Mahrez’s deserves alot of credit for his conduct. Alot of players downed tools over the summer wanting to leave clubs and Mahrez never did

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I read that as "I won't leave in January unless the top 6 come calling" <laugh>

He does seem to be putting a better shift in since Puel refreshed his role. Hopefully will have a good relationship with Silva from January.

Would like a front diamond of Silva, Gray, Mahrez and Vardy.

3. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

4-2-3-1?
    KS
    DS (or replacement) WM HM CF/BC
    Ndidi Iborra
    Mahrez Silva Gray
    Vardy

Looks good. I think once we get Silva in defence is the main area to look at

4. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

His defensive abilities are laughable. He didn't know what day it was for the first Man City goal.

And I see that Messi has objected to Barcelona signing him.

But fair play to him, at the moment he is looking far more interested for us (not that difficult when he was starting from such a low basepoint) and if we can get it to work with him further forward then he undoubtedly has the ability to unlock defences, but I would like to see him as involved as David Silva and pulling the strings more.