1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Style, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I know there were some comments about beating City in the cup final.

Just occurred to me, the final is not until 3rd June.

If we can get all our players back and with a run of games/fitness under their belt, playing like we were when we had a full squad back in Feb, then it's possible.

Problem is the players we have atm are gash and I doubt we'll get past Brighton. But if we do...

Diego likes this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

No! It certainly didn’t address my initial statement that we shouldn’t be going into a game dreading losing, especially a cup final. If that’s the case, why do we have such an insane wage bill that is one of the highest but we can’t mentally compete with a team of similar wage bill?

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

As I have tried to explain to supporters on other boards it's not all about the transfer fee or wage, it's about the ability and mentality of the player, the use of the players by the manager and the willingness of the team to trust and follow instructions.
    A good/great manager knows what he wants/needs and could find that player in the youth team or pay £100m for him. Sometimes you can get what you need for free sometimes you just have to buy in but if the manager gets it wrong the money means **** all, think us and Chelsea over the last few years.

Saf, Makemstine Roger and cytrax like this.
  4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Paying massive wages does not buy you bottle.

You only have to look at Sancho, de Gea and Maguire to see that.

Diego likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I agree with both of you that the wage bill is not a precursor for success. But there sure is a correlation between spending and success. If that goal of performance is not being met, then the money spent must be called into question.

This is an endemic problem at United with so many players taking home huge salaries with fk all to show for it. I fully trust that ETH will clean house this summer. He has to!

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

"Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba's first competitive start in over a year lasted only 24 minutes before he was forced off injured against Cremonese.
    Pogba, 30, required treatment on his left thigh after he pulled up as he crossed the ball."

What a fkin pig?! And he thought he had it bad all those years when he needed to be grateful. Now his career is as good as over.

Diego likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I put this in the other thread

https://www.not606.com/threads/uniteds-ever-on-going-rebuild-are-we-nearly-there-yet.373222/page-177

Fck him tbph

HRH Custard VC, Diego and cytrax like this.
  8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

That Grealish seems determined to follow Rooney in flushing his career down the pan due to the bottle. You can't drink like he does and maintain the fitness required of a modern-day footballer, even in the closed season. .

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  9. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Pep will soon off load him

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Expect Guardiola to have a strong word with him when he returns for pre-season training!! Anyhow, Grealish is rapidly becoming a complete bellend rather like Jack Wilshire, another who lacked a brain!!

glazerfodder and HRH Custard VC like this.

11. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Not if City demand 100 millón! For me, 40 millón tops!!

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Of course he could be offloaded and replaced with another £100m buy. Not like City cares about the money from phantom sponsorship deals.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

Kane getting mauled by sections of the German sporting press, highly respected Bild in particular who printed an open letter to Bayern Munich telling them not to buy Kane, calling him an 'old bone'............... talk about getting off to a bad start. Poor geezer will end up being 35 with a buy out clause of €100m and no way back to the PL to break Shearer's record.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

please log in to view this image

15. glazerfodder

If he sat down with Levi and insisted on a transfer to us you might.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Exactly!

I think it's weird that Kane hasn't said anything about he wants/doesn't want a transfer, and to who/where.

You'd think he'd be saying at this stage he wants to leave, sort the transfer.

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Ya know what pisses me off about want away players these days......when they refuse to hand in a transfer request....
    Because they forfeit any rights to compensation as part of the sale.
    Basically they want to have their cake and eat it. They kick off about wanting to leave, and I am not so much talking just Kane here, but Caicedo and Mount too, but then refuse to hand in a transfer request so they not only get their wish of a transfer but also compensation for the transfer that THEY wanted in the first place.
    That compo is supposed to be for players who didnt want to leave, and compensates them for having to leave their place of employment and move to another city or even another country, and I believe its at least 10% of the sale price by UEFA rules, so if you are sold for £100m, you get a £10m payout!
    Thats before we even start talking about agents fees!

cytrax and Chief like this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I may be missing something but I don't think It matters whether Kane speaks out or not.

Levy is the one putting off potential buyers with his ridiculous valuation. I bet there are a few clubs including us who are thinking it's just not worth the grief or the money he wants.

Bodinki likes this.
  19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Mbappe is in the same boat.
    PSG are slapping a ridiculous valuation on a player with one year left on his contract.
    And now Mbappe is saying he will only sign for another club on a one year contract, because he wants to go to Real.
    Like any club is gonna spend £200m on a player to sign him on a one year ****ing contract. When he is free next summer! Utter retardation!

Treble likes this.
  20. glazerfodder

I firmly believe Levi thought there would be greater interest in Kane than there has been and if his only reported suitors, Bayern Munich were to withdraw their interest then Spurs are stuffed. Kane could either put in a transfer request to join us and we pay £65m, or he joins us for free next season. What would you do if you were Levi and you needed to strengthen your squad?. That is a lot of money to piss up the wall just to satisfy your ego.

Bodinki likes this.