1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 2, 2012.

1. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Trippier was carrying a groin injury for pretty much the whole season...

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/players/kieran-trippier-long-term-injury-16339671

Add that Harry Kane dropped deeper and deeper to bail out the midfield and Trippier had no one to cross to, completely negating him as an attacking force.

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

“it has been affecting me, annoying me, but there has been so many games – Saturday, Wednesday, Tuesday – so it has been difficult to do my rehab and properly focus on it”

Honestly, whether it’s the managers, physios or both, we are just a ****ing mess with our players. It’s no wonder so many get battered throughout a season.

3. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  4. "Thanks for that Brian"

Lots of long term decisions have been ducked. Too many players have played with injuries. I loved Poch but was mystified by his minimal use of Llorente and Lucas and leaving Kane on for 89 minutes in games where we were 4-0 up or persisting in starting him when he's plainly not properly ready.

It's been one of the reasons for my on field frustration with Mourinho. He overplayed Kane over Christmas...and Sissoko. In the midst of that kind of fixture congestion, you need to go deep into your squad and if putting a couple of kids in saves long term injury, so be it. Parrott and Skippy should have been getting minutes to prevent this. There's a suggestion that Bergwijn's ankle problem was known to the coaching team and we told him to play on. I really hope this isn't true.

He's come in and is replicating Poch's mistakes and consequently, our season's gone down the toilet because when things were due to be decided, we're bereft of fit players.

5. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He brought him on when we were 6-0 up against Tranmere with 15 minutes left and Llorente had scored a hat-trick.
    Absolutely ridiculous stuff.

6. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I think Trippier is happy playing with a defensive team.He feels safer. Spurs have never been a defensive team.....even when they've tried to be!

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  7. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Simeone is the defensive manager than we thought Jose was

8. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

<laugh>

9. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I think that they should produce a 4/5 size replica of the Premier league trophy and present it to the mousers. They could have an open top bubble car parade around the Liver Building at 4 o'clock on a Sunday morning without advertising it, to avoid a crowd forming.

10. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

I can't see hat is going to change between now and the end of May that will allow football to start up. So they will have two choices.....abandon this year's competitions or finish them from August to October and then play some sort of different shorter competitions for the remainder of next season.

11. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Nah, give the mousers a 4/5 size replica Trophy as 80% of the games have been played and call it a day.

12. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The obvious question is what will happen regarding the Euros

...because if they're postponed until next year, GREAT! Zakaria's fee won't be inflated, and this time next year he'll have a year on his contract

13. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

They will just get out the pools panel to finish the league, so we'll be in a spot of bother.

The Changing Man likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

Sim the league on Football Manager!

15. "Thanks for that Brian"

FA Chairman and total dickhead, Greg Clarke, thinks it will be impossible to complete the season...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/spo...greg-clarke-football-season-suspended-3949599

For once, he's possibly right, although the loss of finance for clubs, broadcasters et al is going to drive them to try everything to do so. The PL is about nothing if it's not about enormous amounts of money...above and beyond just about everything else.

16. humanbeingincroydon

So how long before Greg Clarke faces an FA charge of bringing money into disrepute?

17. "Thanks for that Brian"

<laugh> Good point.

18. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

If the season can't be completed, it will be interesting to see what happens.
    Whatever fans of certain clubs might wish to claim, the table is meaningless until all fixtures have been played.
    However probable certain events might seem to be, there is no guarantee that any of them would have happened.
    Deciding who wins the title, gets CL places, gets relegated etc involves a lot of subjectivity when a quarter of the season (and a more significant portion in the Cups) has not been played.
    The season might just have to be abandoned and written off as if it hadn't happened!

19. "Thanks for that Brian"

If a game is poised at 5-0, with the losing team down to 10 men, with 5 minutes left and the floodlights go out, the game is abandoned and replayed as if the abandoned game never happened. There's no authority that I can think of for saying..."Well this would have been the result, so we'll not bother finishing the game".

It might be fair and fine for Liverpool to be declared winners but I can't see Norwich, Villa and Bournemouth accepting relegation for them based on their current positions, especially as Villa have a game in hand over Watford, who are 2 points above them. Also, Sheff Utd. would be 5th if they were to win their 29th game, That could be a CL place gone. If you can't be relegated because the season wasn't completed, in my opinion, you can't be awarded the league either. The only analagous situation is cancelling the game.

If there's no existing authority for a decision and it's not applied equitably across the piece, it's a sham and such a decision would be in trouble if taken to the CAS by a complaining club, affected to their detriment. This is especially so if other countries leagues came to differing decisions and abandoned their seasons.

The season is either played out to a conclusion or it should be voided ab initio.

littleDinosaurLuke and Diego like this.
  20. Alfie Conn

Alfie Conn Well-Known Member

I propose a **** off game of Rock Paper Scissors