1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch / Other Teams

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Dec 27, 2012.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Could we see a Maradonaesque performance from him this world cup? I'm surprised how they are struggling in qualification, they have a really good set of attacking players, and even without Messi, they should be doing better.

2. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

They can't be all that good if he's the only one that is actually scoring.

3. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala, Higuain... come on.

4. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Sure, all great players who we would all have in our team. My, somewhat sarcastic, point was that, as I understood it, the only goal not scored by Messi in this campaign was an own-goal. I may be wrong....

5. lazarus20000

I get what you're saying. They have some seriously good individual players but are a below average team, considering the amount of quality they have. As Cini quoted Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala, Higuain etc are all elite world class players at the top of the game. They should still be going through comfortably without Messi but for some reason Messi is being overly relied upon, which is probably psychologically affecting the players.

It doesn't help when the coach says this "Luckily the nationality of the best player in the world is Argentinian. We must be sure everything does not depend on Leo [Messi] but today he brought his great ability. I told the group: Messi did not owe the World Cup to Argentina, but football owed the World Cup to Messi. We should help him be in the World Cup."

"We should help him be in the World Cup"? WTF. Surely the coach is at fault if he can't get a front line of Aguero, Dybala, Di Maria, Messi and Higuain firing? He could bench Messi and still have the best front line up available in the world. There is no other nation that has that many top quality forwards at one time.

Oh and i forgot Icardi as well!

6. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Argentina have a plethora of World Class attacking players.. but they are all wingers, No.10s or centreforwards.

Its crazy when you think about it..

Lionel Messi
    Sergio Aguero
    Higuian
    Icardi
    Di Maria
    Dyabla
    Lavezzi
    Correa

But they have a woeful defence, seem to lack any real CM's and don't have any decent fullbacks either. They recently fielded a 2-3-4-1 formation! Which just shows how barebones their defence really is.

(Their squad 4-5 years ago was stronger though - but Maradonna screwed that up royally)

Still I think Messi is good enough to win games on his own

7. lazarus20000

Craig Shakespeare sacked

Leicester have cut ties with another component of their Premier League title win with the sacking of manager Craig Shakespeare.

The 53-year-old lasted only four months as permanent boss, following title winner Claudio Ranieri in being ruthlessly cut adrift by the club's owners.

Shakespeare has paid the price for a poor start to the season but, for a club who just 17 months ago were living the dream, how has it come to this?

Not the biggest surprise and it's probably something Shakespeare should have known about after the treachery Ranieri was treated with, it was something straight out of his stories!

It is a shame, a fairy tail PL win has now turned into a nightmare. They will do well not to get relegated this season. Sad.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has told Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 24, he will not be playing in central midfield any time soon. (Daily Mail)

<rofl>

9. lazarus20000

A player who thinks he's better than what he is. I've always said he was overrated and was surprised Liverpool wasted so much money on him. The guy hasn't started a game and barely for more than 10-15 minutes on the trot for them. He won't see the light of day in the center for Liverpool, he'll be lucky to get a bunch of games playing on the wings for them.

He'll end up at a mid/lower level team in the PL very soon.

TheBear likes this.
  10. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Just watching Napoli vs City....wow Napoli is playing amazing! Put the game on if u can...

11. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

This is genuine comment and not provocation Arsenal. Your last 6 points have been by 2 offside goals and a dubious penalty so I think your forwards had better find their form quite quickly because luck like that won't last.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Best email it to [email protected] if you want an official response.

I can unofficially give you some genuine feedback without provocation though sourpuss... I don't give a **** what you think. Have some grapes.

winifred122 likes this.
  13. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Wow, you're eloquent aren't you?

14. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

Arsenal fans are the cream of the........crap.

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

To wumsters? Clearly not. Muppet.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Well... Sort of a compliment. If all football fans represent the 'crap' and we're the cream then that makes us the best

17. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Who was wumming? What I'm saying is that a luck like that won't last because without the officials blundering you'd have only 2 points from those 2 matches instead of 6. Your true form, without the luck that you've undoubtedly had, might be seen soon.

18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

What about the Bellerin penalty that wasn't given? No? The only penalties that don't count are the ones given for us yeah? Got it. Definitely not on the WUM.

19. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

You listen to the commentary team too much. One wasn't offside, and the other was impossible to tell because the ball was played between frames. on the TV they stopped it with the ball well off the passer's foot. It was "Lets show you a picture after the ball was played and you can decide if it was offside".

And a 2-handed push in the back is a foul every day of the week. Lee Mason was a nightmare that match, so I sympathize with Burnley, but still, that was a ridiculous thing to do in the box. You can get away with it sometimes, but in that situation, it was plain crazy.

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

<laugh>

What next, sanchez fouled sanchez? :p

the 2nd offside i will give you as thats so close advantage goes to the keeper. How about just dominated them is good enough but nope lets see it fully through the wenger specs