1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch / Other Teams

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Dec 27, 2012.

1. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Only scoring one OG in the last 3 hours at the emirates? Dropping 7pts in six home games? Selling Gnabry and keeping Ox? Only rotating when forced to because of injuries? The only difference I see so far is having a bigger squad then normal. We'll see how the next few months pan out.

TheBear and Sign Da Ting like this.
  2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gnabry sold or loaned?
    never mind - he is at Bremen now for 5million pounds?

3. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

Sold!

Wonder what eould have happened if Ox was a german prospect bought for 10m pounds from the championship and gnabry was an englishman from our academy who would have gone out in the last transfer window.

4. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Soo back when we were spending less than Sunderland on players and Chelsea, Liverpool and United were all splashing the cash we were still finishing top four. Now that we have money to spend you think we will fall out of the top four?

To be honest Ive heard this every year from Spurs and Chelsea fans since 2006. Personally I think we will finish Top 2.

ArtisanWenger likes this.
  5. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I will never get this argument. Spending arguments are NOT like 6 year old's math 2+2 = 4.

Ever heard of Level playing field ,Catch up, Inflation etc??

Add all these together you will get the exact result of spending.

6. ArtisanWenger

Okay let me make it easier for and the point clearer,forget the spending.

Arsene a veteran of this league has been finishing 3rd or 4th when he had an inferior squad and relatively inexperienced players for around 8 seasons while also making a profit for the club by selling his best players every year so its downright RIDICULOUS to suggest,no to even think that he will drop out of the top four when he has a squad that has been together for 4 seasons and is in the top 2 squads in the league.

Capiche?

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Fair enough.

However dislike I have, I still respect Arsene. He will always be my 2nd best PL manager behind Jose.
    When Leicester can win the league - Arsene can finish outside top 4. It is not far fetched.
    Especially this year it is crazy competitive.

IF - Pool & us keep up our Form. Top 4 will be sealed with Manchester teams.
    At this time everyone is talking about Jose to lose out of top 4 to let Goons in.

That is more ridiculous than saying Arsene finishing out of top 4. Go figure <ok>

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  8. ArtisanWenger

Yes,if you pull in the leicester example i can say sunderland will finish in the top four and manchester united will be relegated which in comparision wont seem far fetched because leicester,two seasons before were in the championship,a season ago finished 17th and escaped relegation then were champions if a miracle of such proportions is used to justify,anything can be justified.

Generally speaking,its far fetched that we would drop out of top 4 now of all times,If jose was given a chance he would have relegated chelsea it seems after some of the performances with his united squad this season,he and tottenham are the likeliest to miss out on top 4.

9. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Jose does what he says.

Last season, day 1 - he said - he wanted out. Nobody listened.
    This season, day 1 - he talked about title. Everyone should listen.

To write off Jose over Arsene is ridiculous.

Diego likes this.
  10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Hang on. So because Jose wanted to quit Chelsea last season early on (did he?) means that united will win the title this year? Que?

11. ArtisanWenger

Looool,why did i waste my time,you should be on fulltimedevils [emoji23]

12. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Nothing will beat ArsenalFanTV, the meltdowns they have on there lol. Reminds me of that Arsenal87 kid.

StanDMan likes this.
  13. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Are you trying to tell me financial power has no effect on league placing? It can be as simple as I'm saying. If you look at the biggest spenders in Europe there's a strong correlation to success.

As a Chelsea fan you of all people should realise the reality.

14. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

WestHamTV is probably worse/better. Especially the fat cockney in the flat cap. TV gold.

Sign Da Ting, TheBear and StanDMan like this.
  15. ArtisanWenger

What he meant i think is that some teams like chelsea and city had to catch up to others by spending,fair enough but that would have applied for a season at most as after than,they were simply having better everything while arsene still finished 3rd or 4th so now when he has one of the two best squads in the league,i would give it in writing in paper,signed...its just not going to happen.

16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Yes - so to bridge the huge gap it takes only 1 season? You cannot be serious.
    It takes a decade atleast. It took us that time. After that we are more or less you guys. Self sustaining to great extent.

17. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Chelsea continue their winning streak and they end Spurs' unbeaten run in the league. I have to say, since Conte has switched system to a 3-4-3, they never really look like losing, bar the first half today. But even then, they still managed to keep it together, despite getting dominated by Spurs in the first half. Also, Victor Moses looks like a man reborn. Didn't realise he was only 25 years old. Feels like he's been around for ages!

But sometimes a tactical switch/change in approach can have a profound effect on the team. Chelsea aren't just winning games, they are winning games on merit. Their performances have been very good. We can't say the same. In fact, I think all would agree that we are fortunate to be unbeaten since the opening day of the season. And although it's nice to have not been beaten since Liverpool, I'd rather we win one, draw one and lose one, instead of drawing 3. If we don't convert more of these draws into wins, this unbeaten streak we're on becomes redundant.

And on a sidenote, who is happy that we didn't get Jamie Vardy? I knew it would have been a terrible idea and I'm so glad he turned us down. Hasn't scored for 15 matches now.

StanDMan likes this.
  18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I was up for us taking a punt on Vardy at the time, but we have dodged a ****ing bullet there.

19. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Vardy hasn't turned into a bad player.

He'd have scored plenty for you. He's just completely bereft of service in this side. Mahrez has passed the ball to him once in the last 8 games. Says it all.

Best just point out that that isn't exaggeration. He genuinely has only passed the ball to him once in 8 games.

20. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator