1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch / Other Teams

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Dec 27, 2012.

1. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I think re the villa bit it might be cos they (villa) have a horrible 1st 3 matches...Arsenal (a) on saturday Chelsea (a) on wed and Liverpool (h) next weekend...
    highlights how much of a dick moyes is being

2. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Anzhi's Brazilian midfielder Willian, 25, has confirmed his interest in joining Liverpool, according to the Metro.

"There are conversations, and I am hoping in the next few days for an offer from a club like Liverpool," he said.

"If it is Liverpool, then they are a great club. The news came as a real shock, but I'm calm about it and hoping for the best, because I've been told they will help the players to go, if they get a good offer. I am hoping there will be something from Liverpool, because England has a league that I've dreamed of playing in.'

If they can manage to get this guy in and retain Suarez, then they will have a dangerous front line. They are showing clear intent on wanting that 4th spot.

3. lazarus20000

Liverpool agree deal to sign Valencia defender Aly Cissokho on an initial season-long loan, according to Times football reporter Tony Barrett.
    https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes

He's 25, a left back defender and costs around £5-£6m and has dual nationality of France and Senegal.

Liverpool have reached an agreement in principle to sign Ally Cissokho on loan from Valencia.

The 25-year-old left back, who has one France cap, will not be available for Liverpool's opening match of the season against Stoke on Saturday. Cissokho is expected to Merseyside in the coming days to finalise the move and Liverpool will have the option to buy the former Lyon player at the end of the season, should the deal go through.

Manager Brendan Rodgers had wanted to sign another left back, Guilherme Siqueira from Spanish club Granada, but the clubs failed to agree a fee.

4. It would be a statement if it is true but I'll reserve judgement until it appears on the Liverpool website <ok>

We still need a DM IMO

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

I think re the villa bit it might be cos they (villa) have a horrible 1st 3 matches...Arsenal (a) on saturday Chelsea (a) on wed and Liverpool (h) next weekend...
    highlights how much of a dick moyes is being

6. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

Hopefully Swansea can beat Man Utd to cheer us up.

7. Krome

Krome Well-Known Member

No chance , our stunning weekend will be topped off by the judas **** scoring a winner

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

.... a little bit

9. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

No chance. Van Persie to get another brace.

10. lazarus20000

You know RVP will do the bizo and get Bartender Moyes off

11. Han Shot First

We should sign Michu, just watching him play, he looks like an Arsenal striker. He links play nicely, is a deadly finisher, and is versatile, and good on the ball

12. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

How would you know? You don't have an arsenal striker to compare him to <whistle>

13. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

Our striker has the same amount of goals as yours. And we played 12 men

14. Han Shot First

Judas has scored. 1-0 United.

15. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

So ****ing predictable. But, that's what world class players do, eh Arsene?

16. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Van Persie made that second with that movement. Just unreal, and the guy keeps improving every season. Just depressing from our point of view, but after seeing what our board and Wenger have got up to this summer, I can no long begrudge Robin on his move to United. In fact, I will no longer abuse him, just appreciate the guy's talent.

17. Han Shot First

Scary thing is that he's going to be this good well into his mid 30's.

18. Sanj

Sanj Well-Known Member

Jeez, this new Sky thing where they are trying to copy Top Gear is utter ****. Remove the useless ****ing audience. What a load of ****.

19. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

With Fabregas and Nasri and tbh all the other guys who have left us i felt like it was an ok time or i could understand there reasons. RVP really pissed me off as he is hitting his prime right now and as you say he will play well into his mid-30's.

But i do get the point that considering our summer so far, if he was still here he would be looking for the door.

I'm still not going to panic as there is still plenty of time to get signings done. But if we fail this transfer window to bring in some quality players, after all the noise the board made about cash i will be seriously pissed off. Whoever is responsible for us not managing to wrap up signings needs to be heldresponsible. My gut feeling is that it is the board not Wenger who are to blame.

20. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That seems to be the general consensus. Wonder if they'll stick with it or do the sensible thing and give it the boot?