1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch and other teams

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Aug 26, 2012.

1. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool playing Norwich next week in a basement battle <laugh>

2. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

If only poor old Brendan wasn't involved!

3. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Nah he had 1 chance against Fulham and Liverpool and scored both but against Southampton he had something like 6 attempts but obviously scored a hat trick, he is as close as you come to clinical though

:smile:

4. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Both without a win this season. I make Norwich slight favourites for that game.

5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Helps when United get pens every game!!

6. Daveunited

Daveunited Well-Known Member

Penalty looked to be in poor form but scored yesterday, seriously though 2 out of the 4 are justified and the other 2 were harsh it seems

7. Re: Norwich v 'Pool

Me, too. And that's not me trying to wum. It's an objective and honest appraisal.

8. District Line

Forum Moderator

If Grant Holt is on top form, to my mind Norwich are easily favourites. They completely outplayed QPR and West Ham and were unlucky not to win both, sooner or later the wins will come.

9. blueboy83

blueboy83 Member

After this weekends games:

Man City - don't know, can't put my finger on it. Still winning games but somethings not quite clicking.

Man United - decent second half couldn't make up for a woeful first and Ferdinand's days as a top class defender looking increasingly over.

Arsenal - they will be gutted to have lost at home to one of their fiercest rivals and Steve Bould will be spitting tacks at the manner of the goals they conceded.

Tottenham - gotta give the spuds their due, they put on a great display to break their Old Trafford curse. Excellent first half and defended well in second to preserve their lead.

Everton - Haven't mentioned them before as I hadn't really thought of them as rivals but they're becoming increasingly difficult to ignore. It's not inconceivable they'll be challenging for fourth.

Liverpool - Just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately though, Suarez can't play at Carrow Road every week.

10. District Line

Forum Moderator

I still think if we're involved in the title race City will be our main threat.

Not many could be below par and still get 4 points from Arsenal at home and Fulham away.

I genuinely don't think United are any better than Arsenal in terms of quality, but the former has experience and more importantly a winning mentality

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

As it stands United still favourites for me over City just.

If we had four fantastic strikers like City or United, instead of two good ones, I'd say we had a chance of the title!

12. District Line

Forum Moderator

I can't see United winning it, the refs will try but there will come a point where even they can't do enough.

I said during the Southampton game when the Saints were 2-1 up (knowing United would still win anyway), if they continue to play like this I see another 6/7 losses in them, that won't be enough to win the title.

Can anyone honestly say Spurs are not capable of overturning them at WHL? Or City, Arsenal and Chelsea between them not beating them at least once each? Even Newcastle on Sunday will fancy their chances, packed SJP for a Sunday 4pm kick off.

I think United need January faster than we do, they need defenders and a holding midfielder. City for me have the most complete squad and are still favourites, they are miles ahead of United at the moment even though they haven't even got out of 2nd gear.

13. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

DL United havent got out of first gear yet.

I sort of agree we need a defender and a midfielder but if we just didnt play the old timers all the time we wouldnt be so poor.

-----------De Gea-------------
    Rafael--Rio-----Evans---Buttner
    -------Cleverly---Ando---------
    Nani--------------------Kagawa
    ------------Rooney------------
    ------van Persie---------------

Next game I want to see this, well next PL game v the toon. Not even full strength but a very good side and should be able to press sides which is clearly the new thing in football.

14. District Line

Forum Moderator

United are traditionally slow starters but they have to get into gear by around mid-late October or they could have a lot of catching up to do already.

If we were to beat Norwich and Spurs as you'd expect us to do, I sure as hell wouldn't want to have Newcastle (A) and Stoke (H) wanting to try and better/match those results.

United play us on the 28th, then it's 4 away games on the spin. Even at this early stage United would not want to risk losing to us, then be 7+ points behind having to play Arsenal the following week then City away not that far down the line.

City have got a good run of fixtures now and are clicking into gear so I fully expect them to take control of the title race, if we can be within 5 points of them come New Year, I'll take that.

15. With the way matches have gone between us, over the past few seasons, I'm surprised you are so confident.

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

I think 5-1 showed who daddy is again

17. We were dreadful in that game, and didn't turn up. I'd be surprised if we were that bad, again.

Plus, you can bet that AVB is going to be out to make a point by beating you.

Let's hope we have Parker and Adebayor back fit, by then.

18. District Line

Forum Moderator

There is more pressure on Spurs to win that game than us. We are away for starters and no matter what we do on Saturday we will head into the IB top and go into the game at WHL top.

All the talk will be about AVB exacting revenge with the media expectant of a Spurs victory and that could play into our hands, the JT fiasco won't even get a mention.

It's always a tight game as with any derby but we've shown that unlike last season we can be difficult to beat. Hopefully we come back with no injuries, either way I'm looking forward to it.

Spurs away and Arsenal at home are always my favourite fixtures and the ones I look out for first, with West Ham away not too far behind, then obviously the two gloryhunters in red and City.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Good job he isn't playing then!!

Will be a tight game that could go either way as is always the case in a derby, especially when we're away from home. Not overly worried though. Spurs haven't looked as good as Arsenal and we beat them so we have to be positive. Just hope AVB plays that high line against Hazard, Mata, Oscar and Torres.

20. Gullits_Dreadlocks

I can easily see us avoiding defeat against Spurs. The crucial thing is that match I feel is to ensure we are defensively sound against crosses and set pieces.