1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch and other teams

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Aug 26, 2012.

1. UIR - Kagawa Powa

UIR - Kagawa Powa New Member

Nah they would be calling you super chelsea. Come backs show desire so are never a bad thing. Doesnt matter how bad you are if you can fight and win then you have something about you as a team.

City had it last season, they have shown they still have it this season but this time so have United.

I do agree Saints deserved a point on the whole but RVP could of had 4 today if he wasnt being cocky.

2. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I would applaud your come back if it was deserved, but I just feel Southampton were very hard done by today.

3. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Southampton paid for not killing the game off and Adkins tactical suicide. Southampton were the much better team until around the hour-65 minute mark. Adkins then took off their only attacking threats and they had no outlet. Law of averages suggests if you play backs to the wall against a team of United's quality for 20 minutes they will score at least once.

What will heart Southampton is that game was easily winnable for them. I actually think United played no better than they did v Everton but the difference was Everton's experience at this level in defending leads as well as the fact Moyes is a better manager.

4. District Line

Forum Moderator

Fair assessment but in terms of league position I don't view Spurs or Liverpool as rivals. No more than I do Newcastle or Everton anyway. For now it's Arsenal, City and United. Make no two ways about it results went against us in all of the live games this weekend. I expected City to win but had hoped United and Arsenal would falter.

5. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Yay, you consider us rivals again, we must be doing well now.

6. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

When didn't we? <confused>

7. Kyle?

Kyle? New Member

Sorry, i must be confused.

8. District Line

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

You have bought quality and have a good manager, and are the biggest club in London.

Of course you are our rivals! Probably our main rivals for third as both clubs are behind Manchester.

10. District Line

Forum Moderator

Arsenal 6-1. They seem to be clicking into gear, the derby will be interesting on the 29th

11. Bucks Blue

Bucks Blue Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very interesting. Can't wait mate! Citeh held which is good. United with a standard Wigan win. Spuds at Reading tomorrow. Come on you Royals!!

12. Robby202

Robby202 Well-Known Member

Against a team that get a rush of blood in every game they play and blow any real chance of victory they may have looked like earning. Also a team that have lost every game they have played this year.

Verdict: Easy win against the premierships whipping boys

13. CFC: Champs £launderx17

True. I reckon the Francenal will challenge us for third though

14. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

They ran both the Manchester clubs quite close I believe. So the whipping boys tag is undeserved. However they weren't very good yesterday tbh but we did play well. We'll find out how good we are when we play City next week.

15. King Ossie64

King Ossie64 Well-Known Member

Maybe they were so bad they made you look like you played well? Still we'll soon see when the European Champions come to town:)

16. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

A bit of both really. We will find out, but personally I think the City game will be harder...

17. bluemoon2

bluemoon2 Well-Known Member

Coyb!!!!!

18. District Line

Forum Moderator

You'll be playing City after they've ran for 90 minutes at the Bernebau. No Aguero as well, you couldn't be playing them at a better time.

Everybody will expect you to lose so there is no pressure.

At home to Chelsea is different, you will be at least evens to win if not odds on. If you start poorly I can see the fans turning. Chelsea should be up to full strength then as well.

19. Mantis

Mantis Well-Known Member

Fair enough but City haven't been beaten at home in a league game for as long as I can remember. I don't expect the trend to change on Sunday although I am hopeful.
    I thought Chelsea got all their players back. Who is returning from injury for you? <ok>
    I think we will do ok against both teams. I am going for two draws. No fireworks.

20. blueboy83

blueboy83 Member

Well, after latest round of fixtures:

Man City: Not clicking into gear just yet. If they lose Toure for any length of time I can see them really struggling.

Man United: As lucky as they were poor against Liverpool. The scousers were very hard done by, no way did they deserve to lose that. On the plus side, RVP is picking up where he left off at Arsenal, 5 goals in just 7 attempts I heard.

Arsenal: I'm impressed with them so far. They'll be favourites this sunday and I have to say, rightly so.

Tottenham: Meh. Two wins on the bounce but nothing get too excited (or worried) about.

Liverpool: Much as they were robbed by poor officiating, there is an over-familiarity about their profligacy in front of goal.