1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Return of the Macs

Discussion in 'Peterborough' started by Minxy, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2014...h-pair-cant-wait-to-hit-the-goal-trail-again/

It's a sight that many Peterborough United fans wouldn't have ever dared to dream that they'd see again, but today one of the most potent strike forces in their club's history was reunited again. Craig Mackail-Smith and Aaron McLean enjoyed a formidable partnership the first time around, before they were both sold in multi-million pound deals. McLean left Peterborough to join Hull City, while Mackail-Smith switched to Brighton.
    McLean left Peterborough to join Hull City, while Mackail-Smith switched to Brighton.

McLean was first to leave, joining Hull City in a £1.1million deal, and Mackail-Smith left shortly after - eventually signing for Brighton and Hove Albion for £2.5million, despite interest from several Premier League clubs. The pair were prolific in their last spell at the club.

However, with Posh managing to strike a deal to bring back Mackail-Smith on a month's loan from Brighton and Hove Albion today, and Mclean having arrived in a similar deal from Bradford City, the 'Mac Attack' is back in town.

Craig Mackail-Smith's Peterborough record
    Peterborough appearances: 211
    Peterborough goals: 99

Aaron McLean's Peterborough record
    Peterborough appearances: 187
    Peterborough goals: 84

The pair could start up front together in tomorrow's clash with Bristol City, and both can't wait to pick up where they left off.

McLean on Mackail-Smith
    "He still needs to cut his hair, but it's brilliant to have him back.

We just had that understanding, that's what made us.

Our work rate would create chances for us anyway, and we've both still got that, we've still got that hunger to score goals. "

Mackail-Smith on McLean
    "We spent a lot of time together the first time that we were here, we roomed, so we knew how each other played.

I think we'll have the same understanding. It might be a little rusty at first, but I think as the game goes on, we'll click."

2. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

So the boys are back in town.

Will the both start for us tonight?

Can they kick start our season?

When will CMS get his 100th goal?

3. oldposhpete

oldposhpete Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Reading your headline I thought for a moment I would be able to wear my old gaberdine mac from the 60's at tonight's match

4. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

Well remember to wear your trousers this time ...... you don't want another night in a police cell :D

5. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

What a load of rubbish posh are tonight glad I didt go saved my money wont be going till braindead leaves

6. oldposhpete

oldposhpete Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bristol City will not have an easier 3 points this season we were absolutely pathetic, completely outplayed and outclassed in every position on the pitch.

7. Minxy

Minxy Just Me
    Staff Member

Oh dear ..... at least I'm in Scotland so didn't need to watch it

8. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

I think the Posh side is low on confidence and it showed.

It reminded me of Steve Cotterill's first home game in charge of us last season when we lost at home to Rotherham.

The signing of the 2 guys up front will make a difference.