1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RETAINED...RELEASED...NEW TARGETS ?

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, May 1, 2022.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yet another decent one. Think Shuey has done well this window. Remains to be seen if any of our's leave now. I still think one or two might although I'm hoping not.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think our out-field players are now complete.....BUT might we lose any at the last moment of summer transfers.

Panutche Camara's situation hasn't changed....he still has the opportunity of signing a longer contract.

Also will Michael Cooper be enticed away by a Championship club.... just to warm their bench as a back up.

Even if Cooper stays we still have a problem in that keeper position....because of an injury to are second keeper Callum Burton...we have had 16 year old Zac Baker on the bench twice during summer friendlies....and he was given some playing time at Torquay during the week......We did have a third keeper available last season in Luke McCormick in case of an emergency,,,,do we need a third keeper with more experience than a 16yr old apprentice ?

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

With the Keeper position I believe you can get an emergency loanee to cover in the event of not having one. I am sure I saw a couple of clubs do that in the last season. It's not as if you can just slot any other player between the posts so it is treated as an exception to the rule.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I realize that a third keeper requirement is a rarish situation......are we prepared to have the odd occasion when we will have a 16 year old on the bench....he would be aware of how Argyle play and would know the players......an emergency loan...would be a total stranger and therefore I think a risk as well.

I do remember a few years back we went through seven keepers in a season.....it must of been difficult for the defence having to get familiar with yet another keeper and his strengths and weaknesses each time.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We aren't Man City or Chelsea with a dozen options and we are never likely to be. 2 keepers in most clubs is probably about normal in these leagues. Burton suffered concusion apparently which isn't something likely to be on repeat all the time.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Brandon Pursall has gone on a months loan (end of August) to Plymouth Parkway.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

OUTGOING.

Alfie Lewis has moved to the League of Ireland club...Dundalk for an undisclosed fee.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

INCOMING.

Nigel Lonwijk 19 yr old Dutch defender....6ft 5in from Wolves on a serason long lone.

Looks like Schumacher needed extra cover for Galloway and Bolton who are still recovering from injuries.

Bit of a surprise this.....but having off-loaded Lewis from the pay-roll there was wages available for another player.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Not a bad CV:

Lonwijk had his football education at Dutch giants PSV Eindhoven, but came to England in January 2020 to sign for Wolverhampton. He played 22 games last season in a loan spell with Fortuna Sittard, who play in the Dutch top division, the Eredivisie

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I turn my back for five minutes and look what happens. Thing is nobody much knows whether Alfie would have fitted in with us or not as we never really saw him did we. A 6ft 5 inch defender? Strewth. If he is only 19 he is going to be a big boy when he grows up.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Finley Craske has gone to Yeovil on a season long lone.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Talk of Sam Cosgrave...Birmingham striker....25yrs old 6ft 4in tall....coming on loan.

Also whispers that Jephcott might go out on loan ?

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Hmmmmm! We will see no doubt but personally I can't see the need for this. Birmingham are crap so do we need a striker they don't want to play?

14. notDistantGreen

15. notDistantGreen

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

And possibly another deparure if rumours are right. Camara to Ipswich for £500k.

I will always give any player a chance but am still a bit sceptical about Crosgrove.

17. notDistantGreen

Camera’s obviously no longer on the programme and if that’s the way he is, we’re better off without him. I saw a little kid with a Guinea Bissau flag hugging the pitch side fence on Saturday hoping his hero would come to him. Turns out he’s no hero…..

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So Sam Cosgrove comes to Argyle on a season long loan from Birmingham.....I find this interesting.

His more recent history.

1.....Carlisle.....12 played.....1 goal.
    2.....Aberdeen.....79 played.....47 goals.
    3.....Birmingham.....15 played.....0 goals.....bought for £2million.
    4.....Shrewsbury (loan).....22 played.....2 goals.
    5.....AFC Wimbledon (loan).....15 played.....1goal.

Comments about fitness levels at Birmingham.....might be the reason he is not performing....but surely Shrewsbury or Wimbledon would have sorted that out ?

But outstanding time at Aberdeen had Birmingham paying £2 million for him.

Hopefully Argyle might be able to switch this player back on....he certainly has the size at 6ft 4inch to be a target man...if that is what Schumacher has brought him in for.

This confirms that Argyle have been developing a style that doesn't suit Luke Jephcott's abilities.....and there is talk of him leaving in todays window....possibly Swindon or L Orient are interested.

Also talk that Ipswich have bought Panutche Camara for £500,000 today....but haven't seen anything mentioned yet.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Camara deal with Ipswich.....depends on him passing a medical......Sky News.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Camara sold to Ipswich....undisclosed fee.....BBC.