1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Retained list

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, May 16, 2024.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb likes this.
  2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Not any major surprises there for me. Rumblings around the club that the B Team is being scaled back for whatever reason which would explain why the likes of Macarthur, Orji & Sithole etc have been released. Jefferies is supposedly a target of Harris at Millwall so if that is the case I can't see him staying, at his age with the prospect of potential Championship football under a manager who loved him, bit of a no brainer really. Fortunately we'll be entitled to compensation for him so a new improved contract offer makes sense.

As for those transfer listed again I see the logic in all of them. Nadesan whilst started brightly looked abysmal post injury and shot of all confidence. Hawkins whilst probably holds the moniker of being the most physically assaulted player in the league, just doesn't have the mobility for what we need from a striker and leaves us rather one dimensional if he's played. Malone was probably our best player under Harris but fell away when we moved to a back 5 which at his age clearly isn't the right path for him. As for Lapslie well he's the player that has failed to deceive on multiple occasions. Each time we look like we're getting a good turn out of him he breaks down injured and we're back to square one. Certainly hasn't lived up to the expectations we had from his time at Mansfield so if we can get money for him then I'm again in agreement. Whether anyone is actually willing to pay any money for these players I guess remains to be seen.

WINDYROG, alwaysright and brb like this.
  3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

The Cat has signed a new one year deal.

brb likes this.
  4. alwaysright

The Gills PegLeg and brb like this.
  5. alwaysright

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Yeah I've been quietly impressed with the signings that have come in thus far, but then I remember the big build up to last season and how all that turned out. Can we at least give this manager the whole season!

alwaysright likes this.
  7. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

Lets see, not sure why we are signing new players from the same league???? Maybe Im wrong, thought we should be looking a little higher if we want definite promotion this coming season

8. brb

brb CR250

I'll assume we are controlled by what we spend by EFL financial regulations, again an assumption that if we go for higher league players we will blow our budget, I think sustainable is a word I've seen Brad use a few times. I expect the days of signing players like Asaba and Taylor are long gone and we have to be more realistic to our fan base as it currently is and any revenue from sponsorships such as the LED Boards and shirt sales etc. Oh and not to forget any tv revenue we get, which should increase next season, so that will help.