1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

retained list

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, May 20, 2023.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Rovers have published their retained list

The following are already under contract

Belshaw, Clarke, Collins, Connolly, Evans, Finley, Gordon, Gibbons, Hoole, Lawrence, Loft, Marquis, McCormick, Rossiter, Sinclair, Ward.

New contracts offered to Grant, Greenslade, Jones, Ward.

Jaakkola offered GK coaching role and Whelan becoming full time coach

Anderson, Coutts and McDonald have not been offered new contracts.

Nick Anderton and Alex Rodman are both retiring at the end of their contracts

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

From Rodman...

please log in to view this image

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

old timer likes this.
  4. old timer

Never new him give less than a 100%, best wishes for the future Alex and thankyou for all you did for the Rovers

5. old timer

Josh Grant has resigned for Rovers a 1 year deal with a 1 year option

6. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Hopefully we’ll see a bit more from him - if he can stay injury-free.

7. old timer

Callum McDonald has signed for Mansfield on a 2 year deal with a 1 year option

JCH has been transfer listed by Peterborough

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Shocked with that JCH news!

9. old timer

J B said he would like to bring him back to Rovers and get him fit and some of his weight off

10. old timer

Grant Ward has signed a new deal until 2025

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Bristol Rovers is pleased to announce that forward Harvey Greenslade has agreed terms on a new one-year deal with the club.

Greenslade, 19, has been with the Gas since the age of seven and made his first-team debut in the Papa John's Trophy game at Plymouth Argyle last season.

Rovers' boss Joey Barton said: "Harvey is someone that the club values highly and is full of potential. He did well at Truro on loan and I look forward to seeing him make further progress in amongst our first-team group."

Harvey said: "I’m really pleased to be able to extend my stay here and I’m excited about what’s to come. I’m 100% focused on this football club and I’m working hard this off-season to be ready for the campaign ahead. I’m looking forward to showing what I can do and to continue improving to reach my potential. Hopefully, I can have an impact this season and be able to help this group of lads compete at the top of the table."

Greenslade becomes Rovers' third signing of the summer after Josh Grant and Grant Ward both put pen to paper.

old timer and Bluebaldee like this.
  12. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Greenslade was part of Truro's promotion winning side and did really well. It would be great to see him and Clark getting minutes and the odd full game in the first team next season. It's the only way they can make that step into the first team. I'm sure both of them can cut it.

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Bristol Rovers can reveal that Ryan Jones has agreed terms on a new deal that will keep him at the club for another 12 months.

Jones, 21, made his Gas debut in August 2021 and scored his first goal for the club in a 5–3 EFL Trophy defeat to Exeter City.
    Last season, Jones joined National League South side Hungerford Town on an initial one-month loan deal, which was extended until the end of the campaign, with him playing both in defence and further forward during his spell.

Rovers boss Joey Barton said: "We are pleased to offer Ryan a new contract. He’s done really well out on loan last season, getting a lot of game time, which is very important for young players and this contract is a reward for his efforts. He must continue to work hard and, with that, he will keep improving.”

Jones said: "I’m delighted to have been offered a new deal after having a progressive season at National League South. Hopefully, I can now push on and prove myself and get closer to a place in the first team. I can’t wait to learn even more from a great group of lads and staff."

old timer likes this.
  14. old timer

Harry Anderson has joined Stevenage. Length of contract not disclosed. I would like to wish Harry all the best for the future and I hope he stays fit and is able to play on a regular basis for them