1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Retained list

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, May 8, 2019.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Very pleased to see Grant is staying and hope Bolton signs his offered deal. The club rightly has to support John- Lewis through his injury but I cannot see the logic of offering him any more than that.As for Charles - Cook we have not seen him play but the fact he could not get in the team in place of Arnold and Mitchell (neither of whom have convinced) does not fill me with enthusiasm. Let's hope we can get rid of some of the fringe players and free up some space for a few quality signings.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  2. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

cook had one cup game with his previous Danish club , i saw him play in the pre season and was terrible in both games, never understood why on earth we signed him last season after been releases as a trialist , let alone renewed his contract he is not even good enough to be third choice.
    as you say pleased we have grant. need another goal keeper have Arnold as second keeper,centre back , right back, attacking midfielder, two forwards.

3. Zenfootball2

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great news on Grant, cracking player.

We now have, including the players offered deals, 25 players on the books. That is too many especially if we want to bring in some more to improve the squad.

Therefore some will get shipped out or sold on. Hopefully we get a strong forward to compliment Okenabirhie. A wing player to compete on the left/right. Another central defender. Oh and I know we're awash in midfield, but an attacking midfielder who can willingly shoot at goal. Hopefully Eisa will get to play for us next season.

I'm guessing at least Sam Jones, Lee Angol will be leaving.

Zenfootball2 likes this.
  5. Zenfootball2

Angol has been linked to a loan to grimsby i think he still has 2 years left on his contract
    we need a replacement for Docherty, Vincelot is a holding midfielder, i dont see Edwards lasting a season, laurent tends to bottle it in front of goal but mops up a lot of threats and has good link up play
    we need a right back as bolton may leave ,Sears wont be fit till christmas. at leat one center back, another kepper and two forwards