1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Relight Our Fire Chairboys v Reds 18th Nov 17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

I've seen him many times always looks a cut above the rest never thought I'd see him in a wycombe shirt to be honest

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ironic really that the team we thrashed 4-0 have conceded 6 fewer goals than us (inc that defeat)

Bottom but one Barnet have conceded 1 fewer than us

Good job we are banging them in. Entertaining

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why? What happened Rocky?

4. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

At half-time I did think where you make chances but they just don't go in having hit the bar and had another disallowed. The CMS hat-trick will be worth watching they were some really good goals. We also seemed to step the pace up. Apart from one header in the first 10mins that Brown made a very good save one handed down to his left. He did not have a lot to do. There was also a better crowd there than I expected for a team like Crawley, nearly 4500 & only 175 form Crawley. A fantastic second half why on earth Wimbledon let Bayo go I will never know.

5. philhythe

You would think Mike would have more sense than email us after the last time. As an aside I see Chesham Utd won 13-1 against Merthyr Town they were up 9-0 at half time

6. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Great second half from the lads I'm not saying we were not good in the first but we really turned it on in the second great goal again from Eze and some composed finishing from CMS two class players who are a cut above this level plus the Beast who makes the space for others as teams have to double up on him leaving space else where PCH also did well but needs to get better crosses in too many went long but you could say the same from a few others it was pleasing to see us play it out from the back incorporating the midfield the only criticism was why was Bloomfield kept on the pitch all game I would have liked to have seen more of Saunders

7. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Merthyr lost 80% of their players this week due to their financial situation and played youth players including a 15 year old goalkeeper.

8. philhythe

That answered that question thanks Mowgli