1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Relegation Watch 2013/4

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Cruyff's Turn, Jul 21, 2013.

1. canarian

canarian Active Member

Someone wrote that our goal difference against Fulham could save us. Well, if we lose heavily to the big boys, that could see our goal difference well beyond -40. Fulham know they have to beat us and possibly just two draws could be enough for them. Here's hoping for a Ken Brown first game in charge at then bogey side Coventry in 1980.

2. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't work like that. Fulham will have conceded goals in the games they lost too. In order for us to be overtaken in goal difference by them, we need to lose heavily against them (being the biggest swing) AND lose heavily twice against the big boys, as well as Fulham not losing heavily in any of their matches. That's not entirely implausible, but that little collection of required events is pretty unlikely. The bottom line is we have a goal difference 15 better than Fulham and it is very unlikely to swing the other way. I would happily place money on our goal difference being better than Fulham's at the end of the season.

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

lose against fulham and the chances of staying up are minimal, beat fulham and your chances will be better and goal difference could come into play to save you.

4. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I agree that your goal difference is likely to be superior; I think your points total will be inferior.

5. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

Looking at the fixtures for all the teams battling relegation, I think Fulham have the easiest. I can see them staying up and we'll take the last relegation spot.

Got a feeling we'll lose 4 or 5 nil tomorrow. Not to be negative or too down, I just can't see us surviving.

6. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Who knows what team will turn up to Fulham? Could just as easily be a victory for City. No point being down tonight. Fresh approach starts tomorrow and for once I'm actually quite up for a fixture... Even if it is away <yikes>

7. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

It's easy to be apprehensive and I totally understand it.

I have mixed feelings of dread that it's Fulham away, hope that we have new manager that likes to play attacking football (from what I've seen) and nervousness because of what this match means for us in the future.

I can't wait to see what the lineup is going to be, I genuinely have no idea.

As for the players, they owe us big style and to a degree it is their fault that Hughton got the sack so if they have any professional pride they will go out and pull a big performance out the bag. Not just for us but for Chris as well as they owe him a lot for him standing there and taking the **** for their sometimes crap performances.

8. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Totally agree Kemp, and I'm totally nervous as well. So much depends on this match.

9. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

When I said you'd beat Fulham..I was wrong

10. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

When I said, way back in early October, that Norwich were quite probably be facing relegation, I was right!

Why could I see this, and the board could not? <wah>

11. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wigan are going to knock Arsenal out now, meaning Arsenal have no reason to rest players on the last day of the season. I guess that was well and truly clutching at straws though!

12. Home on the range canary

Home on the range canary Well-Known Member

I think most people thought it would be a battle, anyone who thought it wouldn't be is a ****ing idiot

13. K E M P

Oh well,

Our season wasn't crap just because of today. We are paying the price of months of miss management and under performing players.

When you think that we have lost at home to Fulham, Villa, WBA, and away to Cardiff when they were awful the whole game we have no one left to blame but CH and the players.

Probably 70% CH tbh because of the rubbish substitutions and the lack of ability to effect games once we go behind.

A lot has been written about RVW but I have come the conclusion that unfortunately for us he is not a premier league standard striker, and Hooper is borderline.

When you consider Holty scored in the premier league our strikers are not very good at all.

This with fact we have about the least creative midfield in the premier league and a manager that really did not seem to know how to utilise the squad he built was the nail in the coffin.

We have still done well to get ourselves in this mess, 4 games ago it was looking good for us. CH, the players and McNally have really ****ed us over.

14. canarie-chippy

canarie-chippy Well-Known Member

The real ****ing idiots are the fans & the board who backed Hughton for so long when it was as plain as the nose on your face he was out of his depth and ****ing clueless!

15. K E M P

All I've got left is a bottle of grants sherry cask whiskey in the corner that is looking appealing now. Didn't want to pull that rip cord, but it's desperate times.

I feel that I have accepted our fate now and I am more comfortable with it. In some ways I preferred it in the championship and even league 1. There was less pressure and more enjoyment.

It's not the end of the world lads, chin up. At least we haven't been there for 10 years on the spin. That really would be soul destroying.

16. K E M P

I also have hope that we may get something from one of the big boys.

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I have to say Kempy, storing good malt in a sherry cask is unforgivable, why the hell ruin a good whisky by getting it tainted by sherry flavour? Awful stuff!

18. K E M P

With you there Dave, that's why it's been left over since Xmas. I am out of single malt and can't go to the shop as I have had beers so can't drive.

But as I said, it's desperate times and calls for desperate measures. It's got a funny sweet taste. Like drinking pop!

Rest assured normal service will be resumed next weekend with a bottle of glenmorangie or whiskey from the English whiskey company (st George's distillery) awesome stuff but strong at 52%.

19. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm desperate to try the St. George Whisky, but can't find any stockists down here, I guess when I next come up, I'll be visiting out near Wymondham!

20. K E M P

Dave if you can stretch to it £65 a bottle go for the cask strength chapter 11, it is heavily pleated (smokey) and is awesome with a little water and ice. It's 60% though.

Or if your not into the pleated stuff try the chapter 6 non pleated. £39.99. It's only 3 years old but knocks spots off glenmorangie and other Scot single malts. Because it's warmer in England the whiskey matures faster.

If you are going to be around here they do tours and free tasting sessions. Give me the nod and I may join you if you don't mind?

You can also buy them online and have them delivered too.

http://www.englishwhisky.co.uk/whis...ngle-malt---chapter-6-classic-unpeated-whisky