1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Released List

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Bluebaldee, May 19, 2022.

1. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

The club has just announced that the following players have been released:

Junior Brown, Leon Clarke, Cameron Hargreaves, Cian Harries, Ollie Hulbert, Ben Liddle, Pablo Martinez, Tom Mehew, Jon Nolan, Brett Pitman, Kieran Phillips, Lucas Tomlinson, Glenn Whelan.

Nolan didn't last long! And I was hoping to see maybe another year out of Whelan. Amazed Westbrooke isn't on that list.

One area we will have to recruit for is central defence. Alfie is our sole centre back at the mo.

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Cam Hargreaves off to Yeovil??? was hoping Martinez was worth another season, surprised at Clarke and Whelan, maybe they are finishing playing, pleased that Harries is going and disappointed that Westbrooke is staying, most over rated player to wear the quarters

18 players leaving, No mention of Evans, Nicholson, Jaakkola and Rodman

Sam Heal offered a 6 month contract presumably to see if he is fit enough to be able to play after his bad injury

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Apart from Whelan, I am not surprised at all with any of them. The youngsters were never given a chance and now we've move up a league, doubt that they will have any chances so may as well free up the wages and squad space. Whelan's age could be an issue and he didn't get a lot of game time with us so may want to go somewhere which gives him more playing time or he may want to be back up north.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

He is doing his coaching badges so I wondered whether he would be offered a coaching role