1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reiss Nelson to Hoffenhiem

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by NLDISRED, Aug 28, 2018.

1. NLDISRED

NLDISRED Active Member

Reiss Nelson is off out I'm not sure if it's a loan or a permanent deal. I'd rather keep him Tbh he's the only natural winger we have and he has alot of talent

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

It'd be disappointing if he leaves permanently, but news reports are saying contrasting things.

The Mirror, for instance, said that he was set to sign a new long-term contract at Arsenal and then go to Hoffenheim on loan.

Whereas several other sources have said he's not keen on renewing and wants to go somewhere where he will be guaranteed first-team action regularly - again - Hoffenheim seems to be the main club vying for his services.

I guess we'll have to wait and see

The thinking behind him leaving is that he wants to emulate what Jadon Sancho did. Sancho was a very promising youth prospect previously at Manchester City. They offered Sancho a new deal, but he turned it down and moved to Borussia Dortmund where he has never looked back since. He knew he wouldn't get ahead of Silva, Bernardo, Sterling, de Bruyne, so he went abroad and is a key component of their first team squad.

Apparently, Nelson sees himself as being at least on a similar technical level to Sancho. Additionally, both Sancho and Nelson are good friends. Can't help but feel Sancho's managed to persuade him to move abroad as he's been a major success in Germany and feels Nelson can do the same.

I think it'd be a big mistake letting him go permanently. And I would like to think that if Nelson is set on leaving us for good, then we at least have a buy-back clause in the contract because he's an extremely talented kid.

PINKIE likes this.
  3. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

If he's good enough then i don't see why we aren't keeping him unless there are other reasons like itching for a move? We aren't over flowing with wingers, nor has Emery got any pressure to win anything and can afford to play the youngsters. To be honest he won't get a better chance to get into the team, Emery has already blooded a 19 year old in our midfield, so he should get opportunities.

4. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

New contract and then loaned

5. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Good move by Arsenal. He'll get regular football, Champions League experience (unlike the rest of the squad) and get to work with an excellent manager. Hopefully will return to Arsenal ready to make an impact in our first team.

PINKIE, BrunelGooner and gooner4ever like this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

7. Aubame-BANG

Aubame-BANG New Member

Very good debut goal. Very similar to the chance Auba put wide yesterday!