1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

refs

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by CreativeMenace, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CreativeMenace

CreativeMenace Active Member

Do they think that if the refereeing is bad enough we'll be begging for var or something. Worst season for refs that I can ever remember. It looks like the players don't believe in this anymore too.

Irishshako likes this.
  2. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Been saying it for years British referees are the worst in the world absolutely ****e. incompetent, bent. call them what you want they are bad and should be held accountable for their ****eness

3. davy

davy Well-Known Member

No accountability, no consequences, so no quality.

Corruption? Maybe, blatant bias often evident.

Who is more likely to be tempted to influence a result, a player on £25k a week or a ref on £500?

EFL is responsible either way.

4. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Standard of refereeing has been crap for a few years now.

The last couple of years have seen some shocking decisions go against us. I'm talking stone wall decisions. The overall standard is very poor.

Whitejock, Irishshako and ristac like this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A few months back, I was in a conversation on the Hull forum, one of the things mentioned was how Leeds fans always blame the ref. They felt equally hard done by. They could reel off a host of incidents involving themselves and they too pointed out it is the poor standard of refs to blame in general.

Half of me thinks it is just poor refs, then I look at our games and very rarely do I feel a ref has been poor for both sides, is it as a fan you focus on what goes against you and ignore what is in favour.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules...tball-11-11/law-7---the-duration-of-the-match The Millwall keeper was wasting plenty of time, the ref also called both captains to him regarding an object thrown from the crowd. He added on 90 seconds of play.

Second half he added 5 minutes 20 seconds despite stating 4 minutes of added time. He feels there was an additional 1 minute 20 seconds to add on in that 4 minute passage.

The Millwall Keeper makes a diving save for a corner, he gives goal kick, the lead up to the penalty the ball went out of play on the sideline although the Linesman was at fault not ref.

The ref could have been worse with the amount of falling over Millwall were doing. I just can’t remember a bad decision going in our favour all game

6. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

I often think the same. Is it always the refs fault. I try and detach myself from the emotion and look at it impartially as I am aware it could be me just ranting and raving trying to blame someone else. At one point I blamed mother nature last night to the wife's amusement!

In the 2nd half last night I did think the ref started to give little 50/50 decisions in Leeds favour. You know, giving free kicks to us that he wasn't giving the first half. Even that didn't save him from my criticism as I ranted again "look how weak this ref is! He's let the crowd influence the way he is reffing the game!" Again, much to the wife's amusement!

Theres no denying that we have had some shockers go against us. I think the club should ramp up the pressure on the referee by calling them out strongly. These refs can be got at emotionally but all we get from our manager is that they have a tough job and we wont criticise them. An admirable stance but one that doesn't help us. The refs think they can give us poor decisions and avoid criticism. It's not a good way of turning things to our advantage. The f**cker will spy on others but not call out a referee! :emoticon-0101-sadsm

2 pennth and ristac like this.
  7. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I’ve got to say I do like how Bielsa never blames the official. I don’t think it would hurt if the captain at times politely reminded the ref at half time to watch the replay when he gets home and see how wrong they were.

8. DJMarl

DJMarl Well-Known Member

Well, if that goal kick in yesterdays match that was clearly a corner is anything to go by, then the league is doomed..

JonnyLosAngeles and Irishshako like this.
  9. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

I hate VAR personally, but if it helps us then that's a different story<whistle>

Leedsoflondon, Farsleyexile and OLOF like this.
  10. Irishshako

The EFL will see that we are top of the League nearly into Feb, so I'd nearly guarantee you that Kikko will get a lenghty ban soon after his up coming hearing. Although I think the French fella is good enough.<ok>

LeedsInHeaven, Farsleyexile and davy like this.

11. Irishshako

Maybe the refs should be sponsored by specsavers<whistle>

Farsleyexile, Whitejock and DJMarl like this.
  12. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Its always the refs fault when we lose, always <doh> However in reality sometimes they are really crap, last night a case in point. I hope the club are sending correspondence after every abysmal refereeing performance highlighting the disgust of the fans and club. I know Radz tweeted it last night during game and was really pissed off. We shouldn't be just rolling over and accepting it. Who knows, we might even get the benefit of the doubt later in the season in a few tight decisions. I can but wish

davy likes this.
  13. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Theyre as bad as the refs on the pitch, just look at the incident when the Arsenal player kicked Berardi i think it was whilst he was on the ground, straight sending off in my opinion but they saw nothing wrong . The standard of refereeing is ****e for all clubs id like to add , just seems we get more of the ****e bastards

14. Irishshako

It's not always the refs fault I appreciate that. I personally hate using a ref as an excuse for our bad marking and lack of ability to score and I rarely do. But if we were to analyse the ref performance in every match just for this season, even you may agree that there have been multiple matches that both linesmen and refs have been appalling.<ok> .

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Ive already agreed, that's point I was making

Irishshako likes this.
  16. Irishshako

As I don't listen or watch the other sides matches I can't really comment on reffing decisions that may have effected them...<ok>

17. Irishshako

I know, I was agreeing with you back...<laugh>

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  18. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

I referee on a regular basis, almost daily(every day this week, some days two a day but not at all tomorrow) and I have to laugh at some of the comments I hear from my mates while watching Leeds games, here and JA606.

Firstly, I fumed when Dallas took that shot, Nilwall keeper saves it and goal kick is given! Not only should CR see that but what about AR!?!?!?

That said, the ball on the line just before the penalty kick was clearly still in play! The view we have is from such an angle that the error of parallax makes us think it is out. When I discussed it with my mates, they explained its out because the ball is not touching the line. I explain that one has to view it as if from directly above and it’s only out once the ball completely breaks the plane and one can see a gap between ball and line. Then they agree, it was not out.

upload_2020-1-29_4-32-13.jpeg

Look carefully....

So, while we see horrific errors, Berardi being assaulted in Arsenal game is another perfect example, fan ignorance makes it all seem worse sometimes, in my opinion.

I’m also amused at how the very few spectators at my games will howl about calls that are 100% good yet will miss the occasional ones that in hindsight I conclude were errors, either by me or colleagues.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    LeedsInHeaven, Eireleeds1 and ristac like this.
  19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

There were loads of bottles, cans & coins thrown on to the park after Millwall's 2nd goal when they foolishly celebrated in front of our fans. Loads!

I'm quite convinced that there will be a drawn-out 'investigation' that will come up with a verdict at the end of the season. The decision will no doubt be a points deduction. Of that there is no doubt for me.

The only question will be how many points deducted, and I'm convinced that it will be sufficient points to prevent us being promoted. Cynical? Yes. Likely? Wouldn't put it past them. :(

OLOF and Farsleyexile like this.
  20. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

They actually are in Scotland. I kid you not!

please log in to view this image