1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Reberto to stay

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by Keep it up, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Keep it up

Keep it up New Member

Great news

2. ReallyReal

ReallyReal Member

One more season on his contract too <applause>

3. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

martines has decided his loyalties are with the latics and signed a extension to is contract with a 3 year deal with had ons and improved traning faciltys so now can we get on and prepare for the coming season...<party>

4. Blue_Since_62

Blue_Since_62 New Member

Having spent a large part of the season calling for Martinez to go - on the grounds that he seemed naive, the players didn't seem to be responding to him and 2 seasons without back-to-back wins was a damning statistic - I'm doing a total about-face and have to say I'm glad he's decided to stay with us. He has 2 years experience in the Prem now and the last few games finally started to look like everyone was playing to the same plan. Plus it gives us some stability at a time when it's always hectic with players coming (hopefully) and going (inevitably ). If we can keep a relatively settled squad and carry on the form of the last dozen games into and throughout next season I'm quietly confident we'll be OK.

If we finish top half, I'll holds my hands up and eat bucketloads of humble pie. In spite of my misgivings I always liked Roberto and am glad he has repaid Whelan's loyalty to him with some back. And as a die-hard Wiganer, I'm delighted he kept us up.

So now that's settled, do the other bit of urgent business and get Ali on board ASAP!

5. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

guys what do you feel of darren pratley (wants to leave swansea) and the martinez connection free transfer

6. Crackerjack

Crackerjack Active Member

Darren Pratley was our leading scorer season before last ( we didn't score much ) . Last season he rode the bench a bit & was the center of a bit of unwarranted abuse IMO . Within that environment , he scored 10 League , non penalty goals . I'm sure most have heard how well Scott Sinclair played for us . Well he scored 13 league , non penalty goals & played a lot more than Pratley . Nothing against Sinclair , he's awesome & probably should have scored more . My point is Pratley would be an excellent box to box player for most teams , but probably more so for Wigan . Better hurry though , Bolton are on the verge of signing him ( cheers )

7. connor wigham

connor wigham Active Member

thnaks mate how much for (bolton)

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Fulham fan in peace.

Congrats on having a loyal manager - a rare breed these days. Good luck for next season.

9. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

bidley fulham fan in peace. how long have you bean following fulham im just asking but did you ever visit the old springfield park with the other fulham away fans

10. lilywhite forever

It's like a new signing for you guys.

It can only improve the confidence of the players as they know where they stand with Martinez.
    A new manager coming in could have messed the dressing room up.

Well done <ok>